The YouTube stars earning £60,000 per year from ASMR

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru

• ASMR is described as a spine-tingling sensation after hearing certain sounds
  • Some UK Youtubers are making up to £60,000 per-year from ASMR videos
  • Sounds such a popping bubble wrap and folding laundry feature in the videos
  • Youtubers make money from their videos by attracting advertising revenue
  • Lauren Woods has 700,000 views for one video of her making hair salon sounds

The scissors snip softly and the repetitive rustle of the hairbrush in the background is oddly mesmerising. Every now and again, Lauren Woods whispers gentle words of encouragement in a warm Scottish brogue, enquires politely about your last haircut and ends each serenely flowing movement or swoosh of the towel with a barely distinct ‘There we go’.

But this is no hairdressing salon; indeed, Lauren isn’t actually cutting hair at all.

It is, in fact, a simulation of a haircut designed to titillate the senses – a 23-minute, 31-second video filmed in Lauren’s Glasgow kitchen and uploaded to YouTube, which has been watched more than 700,000 times by her devoted followers.

The blonde 25-year-old has become one of the new British stars of a web-based movement known as ASMR, or autonomous sensory meridian response.

ASMR practitioners such as Lauren, who has a regular day job as a scientist, can earn tens of thousands of pounds a year from advertising and ‘clicks’ alone. This year, she is projected to make £30,000 from her hobby – double what she made in the previous 12 months.

For the rest of the article: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7094673/The-UK-YouTube-stars-earning-60-000-year-AMSR-videos.html

Anyone listen to these ASMR videos? I think they're pretty cool! I'm also a fan of "binaural beats" - I listen to them to help improve my focus and concentration. :) What about you ?

zerocache

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I usually listen to music to focus but sometimes the time of day, my mood also plays a role to the kind - no, I don't listen to classical but rather beat based music, or mood to atmospheric.

Sometimes though, like today, the noise of the town and even now as I'm finishing work, sound of birds last day call does the trick.

Defo would look into this ASMR.

Reactions: Crown

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's tempting to start a new channel with no narration, just the natural sounds, but that would make it easier for people to swipe the video and do their own voice-over.

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It's tempting to start a new channel with no narration, just the natural sounds, but that would make it easier for people to swipe the video and do their own voice-over.
Yeah I agree. I believe these channels also run into trouble if/when they use the same visuals over and over (often stock footage) - I've heard they're getting hit with "duplicate content" strikes.

Reactions: markkaz

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
Maybe this is what I should start doing :cautious2:

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
How are you supposed to pronounce it? Azz uh murrr? No idea. Who cares anyway. We all know what it REALLY is and if an old ugly man couldn’t make the same money doing the same, then it shouldn’t be allowed on YouTube, if you know what I mean

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

ASMR Zelda

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hard to believe ASMR is monetized - doesn't it fall under "sexual kink".

How ya doing @Crown - I missed yttalk, so I'm back...
That’s exactly the problem. It doesn’t. There is nothing sexual about it. Are there creators who over sexualise it? Sure, but there are I every genre. Most of us do not.
And it’s people who don’t understand what ASMR is, that just a assume it’s sexual because it’s very personal.
For me, it’s helped me a lot through anxiety. And I hope to do the same for others.
Also most ASMR creators are female, and trust me when I tell you women do not turn me on

Reactions: Hulio and Crown

GlobalDayz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
ASMR is sooooo cringe...what is the craze over someone whispering for an hour & "plucking away your anxiety"..I just don't see it personally but to each their own I suppose lmao...it should definitely fall under the horror genre imo. It's creeeeepy....the Youtuber Goodnight Moon is the only exception, she's mesmerizing