The Luck Factor

Jordan Fountain

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
How much of YouTube success is luck?
I feel like, even if you are working really hard at it, you need the right person to post it in the right place to share it with the right audience at the right time.
My most viewed video was embedded on a russian skyrim blog. lol
I guess you have to keep putting videos out there and hope some will catch.
What do you think?

PixieBlossom

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Luck is a huge factor in success at ANYTHING. Sure talent and hard work and persistance help, but for anything you want to do, luck is certainly there.
Thats why some of the most talented musicians never make it big and we have crap on the radio. Its why some people become billionairs at the stock market and others go bankrupt. Its why some authors are published and some arent. Connections, the right person noticing you at the right time, all of this is a factor for everything you will ever do.

Vicboss

The Man who sold the world
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
luck plays a huge part if a guy like Freddie w say came alone and enjoyed one of your videos enough to like it that would be HUGE! but until then we just gotta keep working hard from the bottom!

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
you can be steven spielberg and make the most epic thing on the planet and no one will notice lol. If you pour advertising dollars into it then maybe its less about luck but the reality is youtube well the new youtube is for big budget companies if your trying to actually get seen. I have been using it forever I try to ignore all the new shinies (partners) etc because in reality I am just here to have fun. I think really the only way anyone will ever last on youtube the long term is just because they enjoy making videos/movies etc if your lucky as you title says maybe someone will notice, but dont bet on it haha.

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't think luck is a major part of success in anything. Because being prepared for when the time comes. People tend to think of others who are successful as being lucky, when they worked their a** off to get to where they are.

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I don't think luck is a major part of success in anything. Because being prepared for when the time comes. People tend to think of others who are successful as being lucky, when they worked their a** off to get to where they are.
hehe luck is always a factor you can be the best musician on the planet do all the right things to get noticed and no one notices. Then one day someone with money hears you and offers you a job hehe. I think the thing that he is refering to is more "fame" then success. I am successful but the purpose of my channel not to go after youtube 'fame' hehe i make tutorials and people notice and comment on them all the time, but the tutorials are on a website along with other things placed elsewhere. I sporadically appear on youtube and post videos specifically for youtube views for a few months and then get too busy again and cant. Anyhow there are a ton of talented people on youtube in one case I have known one person for years he has not achieved youtube "fame" although he deserves it. No one notices lol. So there is definately a luck factor and one part is somehow managing to create an item that will appeal to many people or become the topic of discussion everwhere lol then you get noticed. Anyhow its unfortunately but simply doing everything one is supposed to usualy isnt enough someone has to be actively watching or even looking when you do those "things" if they are not no one notices and that is where the luck comes in. :)