Kuyoyo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hows everyone? doing good of course?

Well, I have new Opinion about Problem on Youtube.

"BIG GETTING BIGGER" Thats happen now on youtube, BIG YOUTUBER getting BIGGER, but the small dont grow as much as big youtuber does. The content? it is not about the content, Small youtube can also doing good, maybe better than Big Youtuber does, But how can people dont watch Small youtubers video? (With the same content). Yeah it because of the search filter and rekomendation that youtube offer.

So, The big problem here is about the SEARCH FILTER. I ever record some famous video games that people is playing, but just view people find & watch my video. beside that, big youtuber can easily get alot of viewers with the video games they play (same content with me). It really make me suck & getting sad because I try to make a great content that hope everyone can watch & comment about my video.

Do people here get the same problem with me? i bet alot of people will.

So, Please youtube upgrade your search filter, primary the NEWEST video first, instead of BIG YOUTUBER video. So small youtube can compete with others youtuber. But beside the NEWEST video, give TAB near the NEWEST video about FAMOUS / POPULAR video (with the same content of course). With this method, people can find small youtuber video instead of always find BIG YOUTUBER video.

Example : i want to write on search bar with "PLAYING FIFA 18"
Youtube Method (SEO )nowadays will give you recommendation THE TOP VIEWERS PLAYING FIFA 18 (it because BIG YOUTUBER has alot of subscriber that can help them increase their view), so how about small youtube make LETS PLAY FIFA 18 ? poor them no one will find their video.

But with the method NEWEST FIRST, people will have a chance to find random video that small youtube does. So it can help small youtuber grow alot.

Thats all from me, sorry if lack of English, I am not native English btw. But thanks for read this post! If you have some idea about youtube please share & help others youtuber grow!

Have a nice day

Sincerely,

Kuyoyo

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
O sweetheart, you got it all wrong. That's not how Youtube works.

The search results are ranked on the amount of views and the SEO (title, tags, description). So yes, of course bigger channels, who already have a lot of subscribers and accumulate views more easily, will be higher ranked. This is not because Youtube hates the smaller channels, but because YT recommends 'good' (as in: viewed a lot and compatible with the users search terms) videos in the hope people will keep waching videos on their platform.

Ranking per newest video won't happen. You know why? Because of the lack of control. Youtube needs to know the content is good before it shows up high in the search results. The only way the AI can determine this is by looking at numbers and words (again, views and SEO). Can you imagine just getting the newest videos? That might be the worst quality videos and then people will click away, because that is not what they want to see.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but your post is just basicly whining that you are not 'big' on Youtube yet. Youtube doesn't hate anyone. Youtube is a business and an algorithm. That's just how it is.

zhkopec

I've Got It
Reaction score
"For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them." Look up the Matthew Effect

6StringMadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
So, Please youtube upgrade your search filter, primary the NEWEST video first
Then it would be called SpamTube.

If you're trying to get traffic stay away from the video game niche. It's heavily saturated.

Reactions: BMM Tr and Kuyoyo

Kuyoyo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
O sweetheart, you got it all wrong. That's not how Youtube works.

The search results are ranked on the amount of views and the SEO (title, tags, description). So yes, of course bigger channels, who already have a lot of subscribers and accumulate views more easily, will be higher ranked. This is not because Youtube hates the smaller channels, but because YT recommends 'good' (as in: viewed a lot and compatible with the users search terms) videos in the hope people will keep waching videos on their platform.

Ranking per newest video won't happen. You know why? Because of the lack of control. Youtube needs to know the content is good before it shows up high in the search results. The only way the AI can determine this is by looking at numbers and words (again, views and SEO). Can you imagine just getting the newest videos? That might be the worst quality videos and then people will click away, because that is not what they want to see.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but your post is just basicly whining that you are not 'big' on Youtube yet. Youtube doesn't hate anyone. Youtube is a business and an algorithm. That's just how it is.
Hi Beauty, Thanks for replying my opinion. Maybe it seems like i am whining that i am not 'big' on Youtube, because I've try alot. I try to buy a new video games that alot of big youtuber gamer playing that time, and see what, people didnt find my video, I have try to make a bait thumbnail & write the describtion & write the tags belongs to the content, so i am curious about how can that be?

The algorithm of Youtube, I mean the SEO make me so confused. So what should I do now? not just try hard & keep trying, but the strategy to make people find my video.

TheMoonchinKing

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can still choose to filter results currently by selecting from the upload date options - Last hour, Today, This week, This month or This year, therefore it wont pick out just the biggest youtubers - if they didn't upload that video with those keywords in the last hour - then it isn't going to show up - but if a smaller you tuber has then they're obviously going to be found provided they've done their SEO correctly

Kuyoyo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Then it would be called SpamTube.

If you're trying to get traffic stay away from the video game niche. It's heavily saturated.
hmm.. i know that would be happen to the Algorithm of NEWEST FIRST. but, how youtube help small youtuber to grow instead of that? and instead of just trying? dont mention to make viral video lol

6StringMadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
hmm.. i know that would be happen to the Algorithm of NEWEST FIRST. but, how youtube help small youtuber to grow instead of that? and instead of just trying? dont mention to make viral video lol
YouTube is a big place, so you need to be creative. There are thousands of uploads about the newest video games, and because most of those channels have authority, you won't be able to compete. Instead go after a different niche. Over the last few years I've noticed more interest in niches on YouTube that I assumed people would go elsewhere for. Current news is an example.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
The algorithm of Youtube, I mean the SEO make me so confused. So what should I do now? not just try hard & keep trying, but the strategy to make people find my video.
Search Engine Optimization is difficult, I'm not very good at it myself as well. Try using extensions such as Tubebuddy and Google Trends to determine how you should name your videos and what to tag them on. Also, try not to compete with big Youtubers. Don't play the games they are playing, but the ones they don't. This gives people a reason to watch your video, because it has not been done (as much) before you did it.

Reactions: Kuyoyo