"The Isolation Experiment" - A Short Film I've Been Working On For 5 Months

Did you enjoy "The Isolation Experiment"?

• Yeah, cool

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Nah, not cool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chris Daniels

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Hello to anyone reading this at the moment. So over the last 5 months I've been putting all my spare waking hours into a little short film project. I've been making shorts around the same length for years now, but this new one took the gold for longest length project I've made yet. It was a blast to make, even though I lost months of youth to the creation of it. Now, for a little bit of a plot synopsis:

A boy is trapped within a house. He's unsure if the house belongs to him, or how he got there, but he is stuck there. When he tries exiting through one door, he enters in another. The boy can't take the confinement any longer, it's time he does something about it.

If you find the time, I'd love to hear what you think of it. Thank you a whole lot!

Reactions: Freshly Finished

Freshly Finished

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Hello to anyone reading this at the moment. So over the last 5 months I've been putting all my spare waking hours into a little short film project. I've been making shorts around the same length for years now, but this new one took the gold for longest length project I've made yet. It was a blast to make, even though I lost months of youth to the creation of it. Now, for a little bit of a plot synopsis:

A boy is trapped within a house. He's unsure if the house belongs to him, or how he got there, but he is stuck there. When he tries exiting through one door, he enters in another. The boy can't take the confinement any longer, it's time he does something about it.

If you find the time, I'd love to hear what you think of it. Thank you a whole lot!

Dude this was REALLY well done! I think if there is any reason no one has commented on this is because no one has a 20 min attention span lol. Being someone who is obsessed with film, i could EASLY get through this 17 minutes and enjoyed the entire thing. The script was great, i bought the acting, some of your cuts and transitions were really sick as well and really well executed. The sparks on the circuit board were pretty good also. I liked some of the unique angles you shot as well. The only thing i would suggest is a little more of a score and a lot less in camera audio. You would be blown away at what a simpe audio track can do to build suspense and push your audience into feeling exactly what you want them to. and for the sound effects. Whenever i need to use sound effects, i ALWAYS use downloaded ones, i almost never keep my camera audio in my timeline, everything from a cupboard closing, to earnings dangling, to birds chirping and background wind and noise is ALLLL added post production. Other than that tho, absolutely amazing work. I really enjoyed the story and it kept my interest the whole way thought. great job