The best tool to look up search volume for youtube keywords?

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I am currently optimizing the SEO for all my videos, I find good low competition keywords but when I search for specific keywords in google keyword planner, kwfinder or serps it won't show search volume but I took the chance & decided to use the keywords which had a positive effect on my videos but for some others it didn't so it would be really good to know the search volume as well, before creating a video around that specific keyword, so I can better determine if it's worth ranking for or not.

I found out youtube search keyword planner doesn't work anymore so I found some others but all of them cost monthly/annual payment to have, I wanted to avoid paying for that but I found this one which seems pretty professional & users are giving positive feedback: keywordtool.io/youtube
(I couldn't post the actual link in here for some reason) Is there anybody who has used this site before?

I was wondering if there was anyone who knows of a free engine that can do similar or should I just invest the money in it? I mean it's not a lot to pay per annual.

YonderYon

Reaction score
I've used TubeBuddy in the past, Google Analytics might help a bit if you can figure it out, and I believe HootSuite might have some tools. TubeBuddy has been very solid for me over my time as a creator, it's my go to for SEO (search engine optimization). Love the eye candy on your channel by the way.

Reactions: Roy Thompson

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Google keyword planner shows search volume so I don't understand the issue.

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've used TubeBuddy in the past, Google Analytics might help a bit if you can figure it out, and I believe HootSuite might have some tools. TubeBuddy has been very solid for me over my time as a creator, it's my go to for SEO (search engine optimization). Love the eye candy on your channel by the way.
Problem is that you cant see search volume on tubebuddy but it's an excellent tool to analyze the competition.[DOUBLEPOST=1516320960,1516320869][/DOUBLEPOST]
Google keyword planner shows search volume so I don't understand the issue.
It does but the only problem is that there is always some long tail keywords which have great search volume but when you look them up on keyword planner then it dosent come up with anything.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Honestly, I just start by typing the first word or two of the topic and see what Google suggests.. For example; I'd start by typing "Call Of Duty.." and Google would fill the rest such as "World War II.. Multiplayer.. Gameplay.. Review" etc and I'd go from there! Google are usually pretty good at getting top hits!

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
One that I would throw out there is rapidtags.io/analyzer/, it's nice you can trace search volume down to 24 hours. Makes it useful for trying to figure out if something is taking off as a trend. I'm not always sure how accurate it is... but it can be useful for a ballpark number.

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, I just start by typing the first word or two of the topic and see what Google suggests.. For example; I'd start by typing "Call Of Duty.." and Google would fill the rest such as "World War II.. Multiplayer.. Gameplay.. Review" etc and I'd go from there! Google are usually pretty good at getting top hits!
Okay so how do you know that you can rank for these keywords?
What if they are too competitive or have low search volume?[DOUBLEPOST=1516549314,1516548702][/DOUBLEPOST]
One that I would throw out there is rapidtags.io/analyzer/, it's nice you can trace search volume down to 24 hours. Makes it useful for trying to figure out if something is taking off as a trend. I'm not always sure how accurate it is... but it can be useful for a ballpark number.
I am not sure on the accuracy either cause when I look up search volume for some keywords it doesn't make any sense compared to those I have from keyword planner which I expect to be more precise but I am agreeing with you I also like you can see search for the last 24 hours.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You indulge in way too much skepticism and/or overthinking. Just get it done.