Tech reviewers' comments... spam. (Waffles YT Tips #3)

LionWaffles

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So alot of YouTubers such as MKBHD, Austin Evans, LinusTechTips, etc. have comments like this:

Person
Wow this product is amazing! Check it out: amzn.to/referrallink

What you don't know is:

They are actually Amazon referral links... and you guessed it! They get money. But how much?

Let's find out:

First off: They get 4-8% of your purchase - these YouTubers review expensive gaming products / expensive products.

***MATH TIME!!!***

The average cost is $250.

250 / 100 is $2.50

$2.50 * 6 is 15.

So... they get about $15 every time someone buys from that link. Please don't encourage this - and definitly report it, and don't click on the link. If we get lucky, they will stop.

Please spread the word <3

V3XL0R

Personifying Music Since 1994
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Animator
So alot of YouTubers such as MKBHD, Austin Evans, LinusTechTips, etc. have comments like this:

Person
Wow this product is amazing! Check it out: amzn.to/referrallink

What you don't know is:

They are actually Amazon referral links... and you guessed it! They get money. But how much?

Let's find out:

First off: They get 4-8% of your purchase - these YouTubers review expensive gaming products / expensive products.

***MATH TIME!!!***

The average cost is $250.

250 / 100 is $2.50

$2.50 * 6 is 15.

So... they get about $15 every time someone buys from that link. Please don't encourage this - and definitly report it, and don't click on the link. If we get lucky, they will stop.

Please spread the word <3
Thanks for warning us about this. I've seen stuff similar to this before and I've always ignored them because I knew they always wanted something, whether it be clicking their links, subscribing to them, etc. It's just not worth it.

FuzzyTV

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Its actually pretty well known that links are usually referral links. Why else would they link you to the product? Its usually to help their income. You can usually tell because it has 'ref' in the url.