Suspect of false copyright claims

Trefu Paul

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I keep getting manual copyright claims on one of my youtube channels on videos that are getting viral from a claimant called "Network Videos" . I can't see what minutes from the video is claiming copyright. And they are making money from my videos. I don't own the copyright for those videos which are compilations. But the videos used in compilations are from a variety of domains from public domain from normal people which i am sure that they don't claim copyright and seems weird that Network Videos has copyright on them. I suspect that is trying to make easy money on someone elses work because the claims are coming on videos that are getting viral and are always manual claims.How can i know that this is not a fake claim? Can youtube check on this claimant if is legit?

General_Pskov

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Hmm might be 2 different things here:

The compilations you used are from people partnered with a network. These networks can copyright claim any of the partners videos used by someone else. Meaning that the person you used the video from is partnered and didnt file the copyright claim, but his network did,

It is also a possibility that its a false claim and you can dispute it.
Tarmack wrote a thread about it here:
yttalk.com/threads/got-a-copyright-claim-not-from-the-copyright-holder-read-this.155896/

Personally i think its the 1st option and if thats the case, remove the video because its a valid claim.

Reactions: RBG

Mastah

Reaction score
If you don't know weather the claim is false or not then you probably don't know much about your content. When Quiz Group made a false manual detection claims on my videos I didn't even had an option to dispute them but I would in a heartbeat. I don't know if that changed.

Reactions: RBG

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
There is a sticky on this topic.

RyanH

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Almost all of Network Videos Content ID claims are false. I've dealt with them multiple times and they've placed a number of illegitimate claims (all manually detected) on both my and my friends channels.

They're strategic in using Content ID, they claim videos that they definitely don't own the rights to, but also videos which the uploader probably doesn't own all rights to.

If you'd like to reach them to directly to let them know their claim was made by mistake, their email is networkvideos1@gmail.com -- highly doubt you'll receive a response, but it's worth a shot.