Sudden (& False) Spike In Views

FuzzyHead

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi all

I have a YouTube channel that, on average, gets about 500 views an hour, but for some reason, in the last couple of days, Adsense is reporting that I’m getting around 2,000 views an hour, which even though it would be nice, it just isn’t true.

On those days I’ve checked my YouTube channel’s analytics & it’s reporting that my views are the same as any other day (roughly 12,000 per day) but on Adsense, it says my views are going ballistic & I'm getting almost 50,000 views per day.

Has anyone had this problem?

I can just ignore it as it doesn’t have an effect my daily earnings, but I’m worried that someone might be sending fake views to my channel (dunno why, because with only 12,000 views a day, I’m not exactly anyone’s competition) but if they are, I’m worried that my channel might be penalized

Also, if they are fake views, then surely they would show up on my YT channel’s analytics, but they’re not, they’re only showing up in my Adsense views report, so … !?!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the monetization forum. :)

Hi all

I have a YouTube channel that, on average, gets about 500 views an hour, but for some reason, in the last couple of days, Adsense is reporting that I’m getting around 2,000 views an hour, which even though it would be nice, it just isn’t true.

On those days I’ve checked my YouTube channel’s analytics & it’s reporting that my views are the same as any other day (roughly 12,000 per day) but on Adsense, it says my views are going ballistic & I'm getting almost 50,000 views per day.

Has anyone had this problem?

I can just ignore it as it doesn’t have an effect my daily earnings, but I’m worried that someone might be sending fake views to my channel (dunno why, because with only 12,000 views a day, I’m not exactly anyone’s competition) but if they are, I’m worried that my channel might be penalized

Also, if they are fake views, then surely they would show up on my YT channel’s analytics, but they’re not, they’re only showing up in my Adsense views report, so … !?!

Thanks in advance for any help.
I don't think the adsense definition of "view" is the same as the YouTube definition. - I think the adsense definition of "view" is every time 1 ad is viewed on the screen = 1 view. If there are ads next to the video, before the video starts, during the video and at the end of the video, then the number of "adsense views" will always be higher than the number of "YouTube views". - I'm not 100% sure of that but maybe you can check adsense help? :)

FuzzyHead

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Moved to the monetization forum. :)

I don't think the adsense definition of "view" is the same as the YouTube definition. - I think the adsense definition of "view" is every time 1 ad is viewed on the screen = 1 view. If there are ads next to the video, before the video starts, during the video and at the end of the video, then the number of "adsense views" will always be higher than the number of "YouTube views". - I'm not 100% sure of that but maybe you can check adsense help? :)
Thanks for your reply Crown .. & yes, adsense views are always higher than youtube, but until a couple of days ago, adsense was always 300 percent higher. For example, YT analytics says 4,000 views, adsense says 12,000 .. but now adsense is reporting 1300 percent higher views (which equals 52,000) but YT is still saying 4,000 & it doesn't make any sense!?!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Thanks for your reply Crown .. & yes, adsense views are always higher than youtube, but until a couple of days ago, adsense was always 300 percent higher. For example, YT analytics says 4,000 views, adsense says 12,000 .. but now adsense is reporting 1300 percent higher views (which equals 52,000) but YT is still saying 4,000 & it doesn't make any sense!?!
Yeah, that does some excessive. YouTube is usually pretty good at filtering out bots or other weird traffic. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. :)