Success ratio

newestkpop

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just curious from the very experienced Youtubers here:

How many videos would you say are "successful" for X number of videos you create? Do you feel like it's something like 1/10? 1/5?

Reactions: Fost

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Just curious from the very experienced Youtubers here:

How many videos would you say are "successful" for X number of videos you create? Do you feel like it's something like 1/10? 1/5?

It's hard to define "successful" because the number of views is relative to the overall size of a channel. But a quick calculation says that the top 5% of videos bring in 32% of the views.

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depends what you mean by "successful" ?

If you mean does it meet your target figure, or does it exceed that, or does it go ballistic ?

I have a target I always aim for and if a video meets that, and they all do, then I'm happy. Anything above that is a bonus.

So you need to define "successful", as you see it.

fixedsnuffle

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
I consider my channel unsuccessful. I must admit I don't know if I have what it takes to make it successful.
However, not everyone can be great at YT.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
As others have said, the concept of "Successful" is an arbitrary concept that is determined by the individual's idea of what success is. But in general, I agree with what Crown said. Some people can make one video and that video can get viral. The magical formula for how to do this is a mystery to me, but in general, you have to do things that my integrity does not allow me to do, or you just have to be really lucky. But your average YouTuber has to work their butts off for a long time to build their channel, inch by inch, step by step, mile by mile. And just when you think you are going to make it, something can happen like the Adpocolyps of 2017 that can ruin your channel and set you back to square one.

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As with everyone else, I think you have to define what you meant by "successful" in order for us to answer properly.

It's arbitrary, but for me, at this moment, I'm happy with a video reaching 5000 views. Around 15% of my videos have reached that. In a few years, I might have a different definition of success : )

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Out of 2000 videos, I have 146 with over 1 million views. I also have over 600 with less than 20,000 views.

Reactions: Hulio

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Amazing! What is your channel?
Maybe my signature doesn't appear on your device.
"RaceGrooves - Track Time - Marble Grooves - mr.grooves"
I have other channels as well including Off The Pegs with 200 videos.

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Honestly success is what ya make it. You could have 1 sub that you don't personally know and be successful lmao