Stop YouTube from showing animal video thumbnails

Lidia

Reaction score
Hello! Can I prevent YouTube from showing animal video thumbnails while keeping all other kinds? It is very distressing to see sick or abandoned animals in those thumbnails. Thanks in advance!

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't think so, but someone else can probably answer with more authority.

I certainly understand why you would be asking, though it might be better for your health to learn some techniques to be less distressed / triggered (not sure what word I'm looking for here, but certainly nothing insulting) by such things seen in passing. Some coping mechanisms I guess.
The word can't adapt to all our individual whims, we need to learn ways to deal with it.

Good luck. :)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hello! Can I prevent YouTube from showing animal video thumbnails while keeping all other kinds? It is very distressing to see sick or abandoned animals in those thumbnails. Thanks in advance!
You have to sort of teach Youtube that you don't like those videos. Click on a couple of them and then downvote them. If you do it enough times, Youtube will understand.

Also - If/when YouTube suggests them on YouTube's homepage, click on the 3 dots bottom right of the thumbnail and then either choose "Not interested" and/or "Don't recommend this channel":

Reactions: LandyVlad

Lidia

Reaction score
Tks a lot Crown!!! I love animals dearly and have several of them. I treasure their company. Animal videos are great when showing cute situations, but just catching a glimpse of the thumbnails of many others which show animals suffering is really heartbreaking...

Reactions: Crown