GlobalDayz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My channel was recently demonetized due to reused content as many other channels were as well to kick off 2019.. YT did not specify exactly what they considered on the channel to be reused so I deleted almost everything. Simply put I wanna resume creating videos but not for free.. I'm trying to figure out whether or not stock footage purchased via websites such as Videoblocks & Shutterstock etc is considered reused footage? I intend on creating videos by compiling stock clips accordingly while using audio from public domain sources & while also using royalty free music & sound effects I purchase via Soundsnap. In addition, I also would like to incorporate narration via hiring a narrator from fiverr or something similar.
I filed an appeal & lost despite removing every vid except my 2 most original ones that almost consist entirely of footage I paid for & constructed from scratch. The exact opposite of "reused"... but still being told when asked to clarify what they reviewed exactly during the appeal..."I can say that the review team look's into the channel's history and compare it the it's current state so we can determine if the channel is now aligned with our content quality guidelines"...so in short I'm still not aligned w/the guidelines leading me to believe that stock footage is a no-go.
I'm down to my final straw & have reapplied for monetization via creator studio but want to get it right this time instead of holding my breath for a successful review.... Although, if stock footage I've purchased is gonna be considered reused, I need to find a new passion & that's why I'm reaching out for any info on this matter before pursuing anymore projects.. Any insight or opinions would be greatly appreciated. I only received a single reply on my previous post, so anything is appreciated. The definition of reused content right now is vague at best but maybe someone can help me figure out if stock footage will fly.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

Please browse this section and use the forum search - This has been discussed in great detail already.

GlobalDayz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
BUMP[DOUBLEPOST=1551995963,1551995894][/DOUBLEPOST]
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

Please browse this section and use the forum search - This has been discussed in great detail already.
Could you link me then to a thread that's relevant? I'm unable to find exactly what you're referring to...

Krisfire

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Director
Stock footage should NOT be detected as reused content. Most stock forage is put up for the explicit use of using it videos. Most places will either give you a license or receipt for proof that you can use the clips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GlobalDayz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'll save you the trouble.

Anything you haven't created yourself, YouTube won't monetize. Licensing is irrelevant.
You'd have to be more specific & include how you came to that conclusion...I consider a video to be a creation if I spend hours compiling stock footage edited in a unique way unlike anyone had previously with a narrative that I've chosen... I'm not looking to simply re upload stock footage & monetize it...

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Stock footage should NOT be detected as reused content. Most stock forage is put up for the explicit use of using it videos. Most places will either give you a license or receipt for proof that you can use the clips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Compliance Reviews are done by human beings.

In November of 2018, YouTube decided to adopt and modify the AdSense Content Quality Guidelines to fit YouTube video content. These Guidelines state that all content on monetized channels must be copyright-owned (not licensed) by the creator, and totally unique to each user. Unfortunately, this has both placed YouTube at odds with Mainstream Broadcast Media, with whom reuse of content both audio and visual is an industry standard, and guaranteed that 90-95% of channels which are either currently a part of the YPP, or apply as new applicants, will not comply with current CQ Guidelines.

In addition, at the same time these new guidelines were adopted, YouTube announced that ALL channels would be reviewed for compliance with the new guidelines; whether new YPP applicants, or existing YPP member channels.

The current YouTube Support Community is currently flooded with both new YPP applicants literally begging for their monetization reviews to be completed, totally ignorant that their chances for being accepted are nearly zreo, and existing YPP Partner channels either demanding that the "Under Review" status their channels display be removed which is an impossibility before their reviews are completed, channels demanding to know why they are "monetization disabled" (read this as their channel has suddenly been moved to the compliance review queue without prior warning), or channels complaining they have suddenly received notice they are no longer eligible to monetize (existing partner channel review failure).

I believe we are looking at the end of the YPP before the end of this decade.
[DOUBLEPOST=1552003539,1552003386][/DOUBLEPOST]
ou'd have to be more specific & include how you came to that conclusion...I consider a video to be a creation if I spend hours compiling stock footage edited in a unique way unlike anyone had previously with a narrative that I've chosen... I'm not looking to simply re upload stock footage & monetize it...
Please see my post after this, which has most likely been merged with the one you are subtly objecting to.

I happen to be a Google Product Expert in the area of YouTube; and it is my business to know these things, as I have to answer this type of question up to 100 times a day.

GlobalDayz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Compliance Reviews are done by human beings.

In November of 2018, YouTube decided to adopt and modify the AdSense Content Quality Guidelines to fit YouTube video content. Unfortunately, this has both placed YouTube at odds with Mainstream Broadcast Media, with whom reuse of content both audio and visual is an industry standard, and guaranteed that 90-95% of channels which are either currently a part of the YPP, or apply as new applicants, will not comply with current CQ Guidelines.

In addition, at the same time these new guidelines were adopted, YouTube announced that ALL channels would be reviewed for compliance with the new guidelines; whether new YPP applicants, or existing YPP member channels.

The current YouTube Support Community is currently flooded with both new YPP applicants literally begging for their monetization reviews to be completed, totally ignorant that their chances for being accepted are nearly zreo, and existing YPP Partner channels either demanding that the "Under Review" status their channels display be removed which is an impossibility before their reviews are completed, channels demanding to know why they are "monetization disabled" (read this as their channel has suddenly been moved to the compliance review queue without prior warning), or channels complaining they have suddenly received notice they are no longer eligible to monetize (existing partner channel review failure).

I believe we are looking at the end of the YPP before the end of this decade.
[DOUBLEPOST=1552003539,1552003386][/DOUBLEPOST]
Please see my post after this, which has most likely been merged with the one you are subtly objecting to.

I happen to be a Google Product Expert in the area of YouTube; and it is my business to know these things, as I have to answer this type of question up to 100 times a day.
Not @ the pt of throwing in the towel based off a Google Product Expert review to be frank..appreciate your input. Also for the record, yes reviews are done by human beings & every human has a different opinion so that assures these guidelines aren't set in stone as you're implying as they would be if reviews were done by ai going off a set algorithm..there's many occasions when channel's applying have been rejected multiple times then get accepted & that's due to the fact every human reviewer comes to their own* conclusion.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
In that case, all I can do is wish you luck.

I'm not the only GPE who is a member of this forum, by the way; and since November of 2018, the number of multiple reviewed channels who end up with monetization permanently disabled for repeated submission of ineligible media versus channels who end up accepted after multiple reviews has risen drastically.

I do wish you luck by the way; but I personally have lost faith in the YPP as a whole.

GlobalDayz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
In that case, all I can do is wish you luck.

I'm not the only GPE who is a member of this forum, by the way; and since November of 2018, the number of multiple reviewed channels who end up with monetization permanently disabled for repeated submission of ineligible media versus channels who end up accepted after multiple reviews has risen drastically.

I do wish you luck by the way; but I personally have lost faith in the YPP as a whole.
Thank you, I appreciate it.. I'll take all the luck I can get. Hopefully that won't be the case though for myself given this will be my 1st submission & since I'm trying to discover a way to adjust my style to meet the latest guidelines. Just prior to demonetization I was contemplating using custom footage in substitute of of the stock footage selection I'd be using due to the lack of selection & repetition & because I wanted to increase the originality of my videos to prevent anything like this from ever happening. If there's a will there's a way right? lol[/QUOTE]