Channel Type
Youtuber
Great ToDo list. Thanks.

KillaDays

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is very solid advice. I especially like the exciting first 30 seconds - although the entire video should be pretty exciting and engaging, not just the first 30 seconds. But I understand what you were going for, drawing them in. This is going to start becoming a check list of mine as a sort of measure of quality, especially since a few of these I don't follow (whoops)

Reactions: Acinger

SlicePlayz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Great tips! I myself am trying to improve my gaming channel, I feel like I'm missing out on so many opportunities because I don't have money right now and we have so many BIG games coming out really soon. By the time I get my hands on them so many videos will already be up.

Reactions: Acinger

Bannik13

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The problem with being the first to upload new games is that all the bigger channels get early access and have already released a heap of content before you even get the chance to start.

SwankGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey Guys here is a thread showing you some tips on how to grow your youtube channel.

1) Commentate Over most videos - Most videos are boring without commentary, talk over your videos even if it is not live commentary.

2) Record High Quality - No one wants to watch videos where you cant see the persons sword. Use software like paid Bandicam Or Fraps Even if u have to get it cracked (not recommended)

3) Upload Frequently - People wouldn't want to subscribe to you if you never upload. Try Uploading Once a day or if you cant at least upload Once a week.

4) Know what your going to say - Don't just not talk half way through a video, no what your talking about, try making it interesting.

5) Be yourself - Don't try being someone your not people will want to subscribe to you for who you are not who you are trying to be.

6) Take your time to upload - Don't rush to upload videos make sure there are not too much mistakes.

7) Have a nice clear microphone - No one wants to hear "static noise" or that annoying constant buzzing sound. I Recommend the Blue Snowball it costs around £60 but is worth it.

8) Play multiple games - For a wider community play multiple amounts of games because not everyone likes your typical minecraft lets plays.

9) Dont do it for the money - Do it because you find it fun and enjoy it.

10) Get good editing software - Edit with a good editing software. I recommend Sony Vegas Pro or Adobe After Effects.

11) Get new games as soon as possible - Upload videos of games when they first come out, there wont be much videos of that game.

12) Play games you like - People can tell in your videos that you don't like the game you are playing

13) Try not to stutter - Try not to keep stuttering it is annoying .

14) Dont swear too much - Not everyone likes swearing and some viewers might be very young.

15) Try getting community involved e.g competitions, face offs ect - People like being able to join in with there subscriptions.

16) Have correct tags, title , and description - If you have incorrect tags youtube will not register them properly.

17) Use cool interesting Backgrounds and Logo's - Backgrounds and Logo's can draw in subscriber's and views just for looking good.

18) Collaborate - join with other channels, do shout out videos, do videos together - If you collaborate channels you could have some of there subscribers and views if there subs like your content.

19) Make first 30 seconds interesting - The first 30 seconds are what most people will watch make them draw the viewer in.

20) Don't quit - Not everyone gets famous straight away, keep trying and uploading video's.

21) Advertise - Advertise anywhere you can but not too much.

22) Use Caps In Description - If you use capital letters in descriptions, it would look more professional.

23) Choose a catchy username - Use a name people will remember that isn't to long and is catchy

24) Get new games out first - If a new game comes out, get your video posted first before everyone else does.
Thanks for the tips man!

Shehzad

The Brown Fudge
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Your channel link is broken dude, some good tips there as for number 11 I recommend people making sure that YouTuber's are not getting press copies or early access of games that you plan on recording (especially for let's plays) before release which happens on most hyped games (e.g. Fallout 4, GTAV,witcher 3). Region access is also important since I'm from the UK we get the game 7 - 9 hours after US gets it (happened with Fallout 4) so there is also that, you could try using a proxy but pretty sure it's against steam's policy though no one has been punished for it yet. This adds a heap of competition which is a pain as your videos won't be getting that much traffic since there all going to the people who were able to upload early or the ones who got the early copies days before. If someone is interested in getting a review/early copy/press copy of a game they should try to contact the game company which some people have done on here. And people do actually get those copies if you explain to them that you would be promoting their game. Usually you get the game a week or two before and they will tell you what date you can start uploading on or they'll just tell you that you can upload whenever you get the copy.

LifeWithKristen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Great tips & I think no matter what kind of channel you have anyone can apply the information you have given :)

FatalAti

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well the tips are good but i still think the most imprtant thing is having fun. Have fun god dammit. You might want some schedule and good branding and stuff but if you have fun and if you can express yourself to that video the viewers will stay. Dont make it for anything else than your self pleasure. Have a good time making videos guys. I just wanted to tell you this cuz i think with these tips people might just get overwhelmed and stop having fun for good quality and schedule and stuff.