Spent weeks making this, I would appreciate any reviews or ways to improve

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
Some of the screens go by too fast to read all the text on the screen. I don't necessarily hate the stick figure motif but I think making the text boxes bigger and generally just cleaning up the stick figures could go a long way (for example, I don't think you need an arrow pointing from the stick guy to their name. Just have their name listed above them.) Good narration I thought!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Hello, fellow stick figure animator! It's great to meet you!

Boy, I can relate to illustrated videos taking weeks to make! Was most of your effort in the script? It's written really well and seems well researched. The improvement I would make would just to make it more "hooky". The intro has an opportunity to do a little of a clickbatey tease like "you won't believe what this commander...". You don't have to go full stereotypical clickbate, but watch some videos on improving the hook of your intro. People already read the title, it's a waste of valuable hook space to re-read the title! Hooking their interest is something I struggle with as well (but when I get it right, my video statistics improve.) Even your count intros could have something hooky. How about nicknaming each last stand instead of just putting the name to tease people into why it has that nickname.

So, sure, the art isn't at the greatest skill level, but that is some of the charm. For now, work on your scene composition. Keep your fonts the same size and fill up the scene more. It doesn't have to be "more" art but only bigger where appropriate.

You might want to look into using Videoscribe or other whiteboard animation software for your videos. If budget is an issue, I think there are options out there for free but include a watermark. I use VideoScribe and pay for the subscription.