Sound "cut" after inserting a new video

bbgun

Reaction score
I've been lurking around here whenever I needed assistance with my video editing and the community has always been helpful and nice to everyone.

I decided to join here to ask you kind folk if you could help me with a slight problem which I'm having. I'm new to video editing and I only do basic stuff for my videos since the videos I am working on are gameplay videos I upload to Youtube.

Now what my problem is that my recordings are split into few files and I want to group them all into a single video, which I do simply by adding new clips to the end of the previous ones, however when I do that there appears to be some sort of sound cut where it's kinda obvious that the clips are added one after another and I'd rather fix this.

Thanks in forward , and I'm really happy to be here but unfortunately since I'm a beginner I doubt I would be able to return the favor and help much :(

Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it ?

I downloaded and recorded the problem with OBS:

My video editing program is Vegas Pro 13.

PC Specifications are:

CPU: i5 2500K (Overclocked to 4.5 GHz)

GPU: GTX 980 Ti

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO (where Vegas Pro is)

HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 1 TB (where my videos are)

RAM: 8 GB

Last edited by a moderator:

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
there's 2 ways to fix this, you can not make the sound cut and redo the recording or mute the video a few seconds and bring it back up.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
The different environments between the clips and sudden "audio clip changes" causes the blips. Even the same clip split in multiple places will have a slight blip because of the sharp cut in the audio that happens and room ambiance. It can be avoided if you only cut the scenes when the audio is completely silent (as in, no high microphone hiss either), but that silence can usually only be obtained with more advanced audio editing, and the timing of the silence often doesn't align with where you want to cut the actual video. There are a few common ways to fix the blip sound.

One way is to fade in / fade out the audio for the different clips. Overlap the clips slightly so there isn't a "silent" point of the clip, and have the new clip's audio fade in while the previous clip's audio fades out. Once the new clip is fully faded in, have the video switch to the new scene.

Built-in fade/dissolve/blur video transitions can also often be put on audio, and will hide the blip. You can shrink the transitions down to be really short.

Another common way is to mute the new clip while the previous clips audio continues in the background. This helps show imagery from a location without having to have the audio from the location playing. I think this is best used for particularly noisy locations that perhaps had a lot of audio clipping or clips where the sudden volume change might shock a listener.

It's sloppy, but sometimes background music can hide the blips, especially if there are a lot of drums...

Last edited:
Reactions: Crown