Sony Vegas Pro 11.0.. Lagg?

TMDxProductionz

FIFA 12 Gaming Channel [HD]
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Right so, I got my hands on Song Vegas Pro 11.0 earlier today, and when I went to edit my first video using this software, I came across a few problems which I was hoping I could get some help with. :confused:

1. Let's keep it plain... I don't know how to preview in fullscreen so I can't see my video properly.
2. The preview is extremely laggy before rendering it out, even on the 'draft' option which I think is the lowest quality, it's more like a 0.1 FPS stopframe animation.

Any suggestions/solutions are much appreciated. Cheers. :)
--- merged: Jun 24, 2012 at 5:31 PM ---
And now it just stopped working and I've lost all of the effort put into that video... Back to square 1!

RogueNinja

Reviewer, no longer gaming :D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
all previews are laggy on raw footage, When you render the video there will be no lag as for the video preview just drag the corner or side and it will make it larger. :) hope this helps some

TMDxProductionz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
all previews are laggy on raw footage, When you render the video there will be no lag as for the video preview just drag the corner or side and it will make it larger. :) hope this helps some
Thanks. :) I can see more detail on the preview now. But like.. my preview is SO laggy that I can't even edit it because I can't work out what's going on; is this what it's like for everyone? :eek:

RogueNinja

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
prety much dude you just work around it or you turn your fps up on your screen recorder what u using to record ?

TMDxProductionz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
prety much dude you just work around it or you turn your fps up on your screen recorder what u using to record ?
I'm using Fraps (the full, paid version). After watching many reviews on YouTube it seemed the best screen recorder to go with for compatibility and quality. I'm recording in 29.97 FPS.

RogueNinja

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
record in 27 it will be less to process therefore speeds up your preview the higher your framerate the more lag to deal with pre-render, 27 is perfect take a look at my vids all shot in 27 fps no isible lag besides when my game acts up :)

TMDxProductionz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
record in 27 it will be less to process therefore speeds up your preview the higher your framerate the more lag to deal with pre-render, 27 is perfect take a look at my vids all shot in 27 fps no isible lag besides when my game acts up :)
Don't get me wrong, the test that I rendered earlier today when I first got hold of Sony Vegas was top-notch, the best quality I could have wished for. I guess it's just getting the balance right between how tedious it is to edit; and the finished, rendered version's quality which is uploaded to YouTube.

RogueNinja

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
lol just keep at it youl get there :)

KoolStoryTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I have sony vegas 11...there's no lag for me. Maybe you need more ram

Andeo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Right so, I got my hands on Song Vegas Pro 11.0 earlier today, and when I went to edit my first video using this software, I came across a few problems which I was hoping I could get some help with. :confused:

1. Let's keep it plain... I don't know how to preview in fullscreen so I can't see my video properly.
2. The preview is extremely laggy before rendering it out, even on the 'draft' option which I think is the lowest quality, it's more like a 0.1 FPS stopframe animation.

Any suggestions/solutions are much appreciated. Cheers. :)
--- merged: Jun 24, 2012 at 5:31 PM ---
And now it just stopped working and I've lost all of the effort put into that video... Back to square 1!

Install it from scratch and see if there are new updates to the programm. For me it works just fine.