Sony Vegas, Best rendering settings for gaming videos?

DumplingDragon

Reaction score
Hi, I've recently bought sony vegas to edit my gaming videos relating mostly to FPS games with other quirky bits here and there. What are your guy's best render settings? I just use Internet 720p to render an mp4 and increase brightness/contrast (Noob here :( )

BenL3e

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
Hello, I render my videos to full HD,you have to customise it yourself,I forgot how but it can be easily found if you search it out at youtube,good luck :)

RoleplayingRykin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
use the sharpness adjuster also and I set to 4 reference frames and max bit rate of 28000 and an average of 16000.
Messing with the cutomize template will give you the better results

ShockPuppetz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Hi, I've recently bought sony vegas to edit my gaming videos relating mostly to FPS games with other quirky bits here and there. What are your guy's best render settings? I just use Internet 720p to render an mp4 and increase brightness/contrast (Noob here :( )
30 or 60 fps. H264 mp4 at about 7-10 thousand bitrate. Profile: high. Level 4.0.

Actually im in premiere pro right now but its the same settings in general.

The ultimate vegas guide: youtube "Sony Vegas to Youtube Tutorial - A Better Method" by musicvid10

TimChan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Im a rookie too in editing, but i did just finish my first short film using Vegas.

I rendered in multiple settings to see what looks best. I rendered as XDCAM HD (depending on your setting) or you can just click match project settings and it'll automatically highlight the right one. For my short film I found that rendering with internet settings was not the best render setting. Play around with it and see the quality difference.

Arakane25Gaming

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use the, AVCHD 1920 x 1080-60i, output format for my all of my video rendering. I haven't experimented much with other formats but this one has been serving me quite well for years now and it renders in 1080p, which is exactly what you will be looking for!

BlueStreakcomms

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Use a 720 p rendering template it saves alot of time .