Song in an Intro

Sinser

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you only use like a 10 second clip of copyright music in your intro is that okay or not? Your answers would be appreciated.

Sinser

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's never okay to use copyrighted music. There is always a chance of a claim
So then how do all those big youtubers use copyright music in intros and outros and etc.?

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So then how do all those big youtubers use copyright music in intros and outros and etc.?
They probably get permission and or pay to use part of a song.

FestusFX

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
They probably get permission and or pay to use part of a song.
Idk man, because I think you can use copyright music but just for like 10 sec or something (not long).
You only have to pay or whatever to use the whole song. I'm not sure but that's what I think. Because all the intro's are with copyrighted songs. And intro's are like 10 sec or something. So designers are not gonna buy all those songs if you understand what I'm trying to say :s

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Idk man, because I think you can use copyright music but just for like 10 sec or something (not long).
You only have to pay or whatever to use the whole song. I'm not sure but that's what I think. Because all the intro's are with copyrighted songs. And intro's are like 10 sec or something. So designers are not gonna buy all those songs if you understand what I'm trying to say :s
you can get a content ID match (which is automatic) for part of a song. You can get a copyright strike (although these are manual) for only part of a song. There is NO safe harbor -- fair use must be determined in a court of law, and there is no "bright line" rule for a safe zone.

With big youtubers, the chances are that they are part of a network that manages certain rights for using certain songs. For smaller youtubers, the chances are that their monetization has already been taken by someone else as a result of using the copyrighted material.

If you really want to use people materials without paying for it, just realize that you're always going to be at some level of risk. This is true even if you believe you have a fair use case, because as I mentioned, fair use is a legal defense -- you can only really argue it once you've been sued.