Something is causing my private videos to go public while im configuring it

talky

Reaction score
Since I was forced to move to the new YT Studio, during the upload section I have it set to private so I can have time to properly put the title, keywords, description, subtitles, translation, thumbnail, place midroll ads manually... well, during all of this, I don't know where I click, that I end up publishing the video and I don't even realize how. Anyone else went throught this?

I hate the new YT studio. It's a mess. Makes my computer lag when I scroll down comments, they removed the subs lost/subs gained separate graphs for some reason, and now this.

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
On the main edit page (of which there are too many pages)... In the right column, just under the thumbnail is a box labeled "visibility". You must have accidentally set that to public. It can also be accessed on the main view of the 'videos' page. You can just set the visibility in a pull down menu.

I really prefer the old uploader. Everything I needed was on one page and it was much faster. The new system is multiple pages, slow, clunky... very little to like about it. But we have to get used to it...

Edit Page:
1.jpg

Video list view (click there):
2.jpg

Visibility pop-up:
3.JPG

Reactions: talky and Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Anyone else went throught this?
No, but nearly. I agree it's a very confusing screen.

Basically, on that last screen, make sure it's set to "private" before you click on "finish" or "save".

Reactions: talky

talky

Reaction score
Also, in the channel upload defaults I set mine to unlisted. That way if I do not click anything, they will be unlisted. :)
Where can I find that?

The new studio is just garbage. It looks "pretty", but it lags the hell out of my computer, specially the comments page, I can't scroll down and I have a monster 16 CPU computer.

Im using Windows 10 with Firefox and im not using any TubeBuddy or VidIQ stuff (I don't trust entering my credentials anywhere outside of google)

I generally double check everything so I should have noticed I had set the video to public. I hope this doesnt happen again because I hate publishing a video where I still didn't set everything up.