SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO USE REDDIT

Its Ryan

Youtuber?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Who else is super confused with reddit. Cuz it legit looks like a site from 2004. If anyone can tell me how to use this i will be very thankful.
I heard that it can drive a lot of traffic so.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Strategies/Technique advice forum. ^^

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you need a 200T hydraulic press, stuff to squash, some cute Playdoh animals, and a cute giggle in the background.

Kirgle

"taking a swipe at everything"
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Step 1. Learn to use the site without worrying about your videos.

Reddit seems confusing because it is like 1000 forums all posting at the same time.
look for subreddits that relate to your content and favorite them. Look for anything in the world that you like or do as a hobby and there will be a community on there.
Join them and comment on the posts and put up your own (just like here).
This is to build up your account and to show you are not a lazy spammer.

Step 2. Once you have built up your account and are ready to do a little LIGHT promoting (do not spam as you WILL be banned or your YT page attacked with dislikes). Do not post in huge threads like r/videos as your content will be drowned out. Try to really find a niche forum that suits your video. Make sure it is large enough to have people look at your stuff (a forum with only 100 users is not going to help you).

For e.g my newest video is comedy, but specifically it contains a TV commercial. Even more specific the video is me ripping on how crap the commercial is.
I legit found a forum (or board) r/bullshitadvertising with 2100 users.
My video will stay on its front page for a while because not all users submit. But all users that log on that day or day after will see my video in there feeds (front page of reddit).

Step 3. Dont go on a spamming spree - put your video in 1 thread then continue using the site and commenting and uploading on topics you like. If you dont get any traction wait a few days and try another subreddit (but between those days keep commenting on other things)

Basically this site right here YTtalk works on the same principle as reddit.
You just cant come in and post your video across multiple threads then leave and expect them to stay up.
You have to participate in conversation ect...

The main difference is the users of reddit are a wide spectrum. some supportive, some trolls, some very aggressive in hating things.

I never EVER explicitly make it known in any post that the content is my own, this helps dodge haters and trolls to a certain extent.

ALSO:: this will not get you instant fame. Just like youtube what takes off and what falls flat is a mystery. I have gained big increases form there on some videos and others I feel are more polished or funnier have literally done squat.

hope that helps - enjoy.

The Cold Abyss

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would find ur niche or at least a subreddit for video/channel promotions. Respond 2 people and don't spam.

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Bruh..why do you care about traffic if you are only doing this for fun purely...I'm going to ride you on this until you admit what you said was BS. Lol

Reactions: Redford1900

Its Ryan

Youtuber?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Bruh..why do you care about traffic if you are only doing this for fun purely...I'm going to ride you on this until you admit what you said was BS. Lol
lmao bro i don't want any beef with u. u said its ok to want to grow and have fun at the same time. So im trying to learn how to grow. But I am having a ton of fun at the same time. No bs bro u gotta calm down and stop following me lol[DOUBLEPOST=1471368898,1471368780][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think you need a 200T hydraulic press, stuff to squash, some cute Playdoh animals, and a cute giggle in the background.
HAHA tru tru[DOUBLEPOST=1471368978][/DOUBLEPOST]
Step 1. Learn to use the site without worrying about your videos.

Reddit seems confusing because it is like 1000 forums all posting at the same time.
look for subreddits that relate to your content and favorite them. Look for anything in the world that you like or do as a hobby and there will be a community on there.
Join them and comment on the posts and put up your own (just like here).
This is to build up your account and to show you are not a lazy spammer.

Step 2. Once you have built up your account and are ready to do a little LIGHT promoting (do not spam as you WILL be banned or your YT page attacked with dislikes). Do not post in huge threads like r/videos as your content will be drowned out. Try to really find a niche forum that suits your video. Make sure it is large enough to have people look at your stuff (a forum with only 100 users is not going to help you).

For e.g my newest video is comedy, but specifically it contains a TV commercial. Even more specific the video is me ripping on how crap the commercial is.
I legit found a forum (or board) r/bullshitadvertising with 2100 users.
My video will stay on its front page for a while because not all users submit. But all users that log on that day or day after will see my video in there feeds (front page of reddit).

Step 3. Dont go on a spamming spree - put your video in 1 thread then continue using the site and commenting and uploading on topics you like. If you dont get any traction wait a few days and try another subreddit (but between those days keep commenting on other things)

Basically this site right here YTtalk works on the same principle as reddit.
You just cant come in and post your video across multiple threads then leave and expect them to stay up.
You have to participate in conversation ect...

The main difference is the users of reddit are a wide spectrum. some supportive, some trolls, some very aggressive in hating things.

I never EVER explicitly make it known in any post that the content is my own, this helps dodge haters and trolls to a certain extent.

ALSO:: this will not get you instant fame. Just like youtube what takes off and what falls flat is a mystery. I have gained big increases form there on some videos and others I feel are more polished or funnier have literally done squat.

hope that helps - enjoy.
ok so i should do like stick to one forum?

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
lmao bro i don't want any beef with u. u said its ok to want to grow and have fun at the same time. So im trying to learn how to grow. But I am having a ton of fun at the same time. No bs bro u gotta calm down and stop following me lol[DOUBLEPOST=1471368898,1471368780][/DOUBLEPOST]
HAHA tru tru[DOUBLEPOST=1471368978][/DOUBLEPOST]
Don't flatter yourself bruh lol I'm not following you, I just refresh the page and answer peoples threads. But the thing that bothered me is YOU telling SOMEONE ELSE that they were in it for the wrong reason, giving other people advice you don't follow yourself is why I'm giving you s**t lol but hey at least you said growing and having fun so we're all good plus I'm just f*****g with you. I have 0 beef, no reason to lol.

Kirgle

"taking a swipe at everything"
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No - its perfectly fine to visit several. But the golden rule is people dont like when there communities get spammed. Long long before I started my current channel I was a member of footall forum. For years I would post on there and alot of people know me. Now days I post my videos into that forum because everyone knows that Im not a spammer.

As for Reddit. Its very easy for people to check if you are posting the same video over and over in different subreddits. Thats why I said you should leave it a few days as you comment on other things otherwise someone will discover you have been spamming.

Its Ryan

Youtuber?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No - its perfectly fine to visit several. But the golden rule is people dont like when there communities get spammed. Long long before I started my current channel I was a member of footall forum. For years I would post on there and alot of people know me. Now days I post my videos into that forum because everyone knows that Im not a spammer.

As for Reddit. Its very easy for people to check if you are posting the same video over and over in different subreddits. Thats why I said you should leave it a few days as you comment on other things otherwise someone will discover you have been spamming.
K thanks so much for the tips!!