Someone stole my video!!! :-O

Danny

<------This guy is an idiot
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I posted a parody song on YT about 2 weeks ago and yesturday i typed in the title on YT to see how far up it was on the list and noticed another channel had put the vid on theres. I never got asked or anything, is this a good thing, I only have 44 subs atm and this channel has 500 subs and over 4 million vid views in total, am worried they will get the credit, but also excited cuz this could boost my profile up.

What Should i do?

Vicboss

The Man who sold the world
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
what i would do is contact them and tell them to make sure they make a note that it isn't there video and ask them to give you credit by simply posting a link to the original video and your channel in the description box.

Reactions: Michael

Danny

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
what i would do is contact them and tell them to make sure they make a note that it isn't there video and ask them to give you credit by simply posting a link to the original video and your channel in the description box.
yeh good idea man, thanx for the advise :)

Reactions: Vicboss

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Man that's scary... I hate thinking about people stealing my comment. I hope they cooperate with you.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would do as Victor said, if youre fine with them keeping it up with credit to you then I would also look into tagging it so your original has the chance of showing up next to it, maybe have your title include the word Original or something like that.

Reactions: Symph

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
I would do as Victor said, if youre fine with them keeping it up with credit to you then I would also look into tagging it so your original has the chance of showing up next to it, maybe have your title include the word Original or something like that.
fantastic idea Michael.

Danny

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
thanx guys, luckily hes just taken the original video and not edited it and at the end of the video it says "wrote by Danny Shuttleworth" so my name is up there, the channel just seems like he finds funny videos, downloads them and puts em on his channel lol oh well i'll keep a close eye and if it blows up on his channel i will do something about it :)

Reactions: Symph

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
thanx guys, luckily hes just taken the original video and not edited it and at the end of the video it says "wrote by Danny Shuttleworth" so my name is up there, the channel just seems like he finds funny videos, downloads them and puts em on his channel lol oh well i'll keep a close eye and if it blows up on his channel i will do something about it :)
yeah that's scary, if it goes viral you lose all that adsense, he REEEALLY needs to respond to you and work something out. I think there's a way you can claim it if he won't respond to you.

Danny

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
yeah that's scary, if it goes viral you lose all that adsense, he REEEALLY needs to respond to you and work something out. I think there's a way you can claim it if he won't respond to you.
Well I uploaded first (of course lol) and it has my name on the vid, so i shud be ok if it ever got big, i'd just get in contact with YT

pekkyyy

I've Got It
Reaction score
If it doesn't work out, you can report it to YouTube if it's your original creation.