Someone stole my music on YouTube and is selling it online.

Thulium

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hello everybody,

Since many years I am happily monetising my videos on YouTube, most of them are my personal piano performances of famous piano pieces by Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky etc.

Since the beginning of this month, I got some copyright claims from a company named EmpireDi, which affected all my videos featuring my personal performance of Fur Elise by Beethoven. Later I realised that a rap singer, called Kola Mac used my music as a background of his singing in his song "Intro" from the album "Monumental".

Actually in his first song "Intro" you can hear in the background the same performance as shown in the Youtube video above, featuring my personal piano playing.

Now the problem is, that the YouTube's automatic Content ID system has recognised all my videos featuring Fur Elise are using already copyrighted content by the producers of this singer - Kola Mac.

As a result I am losing a lot of money, since some of my videos have over 8 Millions of views with more than 10K daily views, not monetised anymore, due to this problem.

I have already submitted disputes, still without answer and also contacted the company EmpireDi few times already and there is still no answer.

I would highly appreciate any help and advice, since this problem is disturbing me very much.

It is really not fair!

Thank you very much! :)

P.S. Unfortunately as a new member I am not allowed to post url links, but you can easily find my Fur Elise performance by typing it on YouTube: Fur Elise Georgii Cherkin

Rails2Revolution

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
These are real world problems. If somehow they ended up claiming your video by use of music you originally created, it goes beyond disputing that they (obviously) dont own your video. I would recommend seeing a lawyer. Also see if you can get in contact with some YouTube staff or another to resolve this on YouTube's side, but yes, definitely see a layer.

Reactions: Elasmosaurus

Elasmosaurus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
Wow, that's pretty crazy.

I think the only advice you should follow here is to go seek actual legal advice as it does seem to be a pretty serious matter.

Good luck.

Keep us updated.