So I wanna make a compilation video...

RetroMania

RetroMania
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys, I'm a new youtuber and I just started a retro gaming channel, and I really wanna make a compilation video with the "best moments" of my gameplays. I've got Sony Vegas 15 and it's great for editing so far but I get a lot of lag in my preview screen while I'm looking at the video sections I'm trying to blend together from different clips, I tried watching some videos on youtube about the subject but nothing seems to work... what software do you guys use to get the highest quality possible for your videos when making compilations? If I can't fix this problem I might consider switching to another software, thanks for the advice.

tokoo

Reaction score
Is the lag your getting, just during preview, or in the finished result.

Show Stephanie

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Im not really sure because I dont use it but if its at the end of your editing it seems like it could just be the video being converted into the file format u want ? I have used something before that appeared to be stuttering at the end but that was only the file being converted.

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I also use Sony Vegas 15 for my main editing needs with Premier Pro being a 2nd. In Sony Vegas I leave the preview at "Best (Half)" I normally have no lag unless I'm going overboard with the project. Granted I also have a pretty powerful computer for video editing as well with upgrades along the way.

May I ask what kind of computer specs you have? I'd at least recommend 4 - 8 GB of RAM for video editing purposes for just about any editor. But again the editor is choice of preference. Just a tool to help us bring our art together. =] Good luck!

Vax

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The preview screen isn't a accurate representation of final product, it may be lagging in the preview screen (It always lags in the preview screen for me) but after you render/export the video file it shouldn't have any issues whatsoever anymore.