Simple video editing recommendations for complete noob.

GoldRoseGames

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I've only just started putting together my YouTube channel and was wondering if any of you know of some really simple video editing software? I've heard OBS is a good free one, but I don't know if it's simple to use or how much of a learning curve it has. Any info and/or feed is greatly appreciated!!!!

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hi everybody! I've only just started putting together my YouTube channel and was wondering if any of you know of some really simple video editing software? I've heard OBS is a good free one, but I don't know if it's simple to use or how much of a learning curve it has. Any info and/or feed is greatly appreciated!!!!

Hi and welcome.

Check out Filmora ( https://filmora.wondershare.com/video-editor/ ) - It's not free but it only costs $59 for a lifetime license and it has pretty much everything you need. There is a free trial version which will put an annoying watermark on the video but it's a good way of you testing the software firt before buying it. :) I have no affiliation to the company other than being a satisfied customer / user . :)

HelloErica

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i use imovie as it came free with my apple computer , but if you don't have apple computer . i recommend davinci resolve 16 as it is free but also very professional with many features , if you need help using the feature there are many tutorials on YouTube. I hope this helps :)

Bethanyjbee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've just started using OpenShot which is free and it seems to be working well so far!

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I used to use Videopad for my editing (I've since bought Pinnacle Studio 23 on an offer)
It's not free, but you can get a free trial and keep re-downloading it if you need to

Goodluck! Finding a decent video editor is really tricky, lots of them have a very high learning curve which sucks

litwithray

Reaction score
Website
litwithray.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Blackmagic Design's Davinci Resolve will have a small learning curve. It shouldn't be hard to pick up fairly quickly, and there's a lot of really great tutorials on YouTube for it. It's very powerful and it's ridiculous how many features they offer for free. I'm using it now, and although I've never really played with much else beyond the default editor on my Galaxy S10+, I don't think I'd be open to using anything else.

Vidz

Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
I am using HitFilm Express as i am a noob as well.

Last edited by a moderator: