Should I subscribe or not?

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you ever seen a video that you really really like and when you go to check out that person's Youtube videos, you discover they stopped making content years ago!
I've had that happen a couple of times, I've seen videos with 1,000's of views but the creator stopped making any more.
Do you still Subscribe or Not??
What do you think?
I'm sure this isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened, but I am curious, what do you think, what would you do? Do you subscribe or not?

Alexander Hoff

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Haha yeah this has happened to me many times. I usually watch some of their videos and leave some comments and likes. But if their last upload was more than 6 months ago I don't subscribe.

Reactions: Mark Stise

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
I feel like this applies to me somehow... you recently subscribed to me, but I haven't put out anything in a year :( but I don't have thousands of views so maybe I'm just being paranoid. hahaha but Personally I like my subscribed box to be "clean" so I won't usually subscribe to dead channels because there would be nothing to subscribe to. I'll like or save the video so I can revisit it when it strikes me and if they come back then you'll probably find out somehow.

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
See I never thought of doing that
I've seen some really great videos and when I go to their channel
There like 10-15 videos and the last one was posted 3 plus years ago
I tend to get discouraged figuring they aren't going to make any more content.

Reactions: CristyTango

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I wouldn´t subscribe though, because for some reason, I expect more of that channel, and it feels that I support the channel if the channel upload regularly.
It has even happened that channels I have been subscribed to, which has stopped uploading, has made me unsubscribe!

theResidentPsychopath

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
rewards.webtalk.co
Channel Type
Gamer
If it is solid content, they might make a comeback. I have subscribed in that case. Keeping my subscribe list clean to me means not doing sub4sub deals, because I only want what I will actually watch and it is not going to be Cambodian dress making.