Should I revamp my channel

Jstarakajlow

Reaction score
So after all the advice I been getting lately it has me thinking should I revamp my channel change up everything and even tho it's not really starting off as new I want to give my channel a new look and actually stick to something I know will bring in more subbies likes and views I been reading a lot of good threads and I keep saying 2016 is my year so should o go ahead n go under construction and go forward with my plan or should I stick to what I have been doing switch I keep hearing isn't a good job at all......,

SwankGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So after all the advice I been getting lately it has me thinking should I revamp my channel change up everything and even tho it's not really starting off as new I want to give my channel a new look and actually stick to something I know will bring in more subbies likes and views I been reading a lot of good threads and I keep saying 2016 is my year so should o go ahead n go under construction and go forward with my plan or should I stick to what I have been doing switch I keep hearing isn't a good job at all......,
I say go for it ! Change is always a must so things don't workout at first....change some things up and comeback bigger and better! -Goodluck :)

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I continuously change and improve things on my channel...whether it's titles, descriptions, thumbnails, etc., When I do this, I don't start over, and I don't remove any of my old videos. That's still worked pretty well for me, and people can see how far I've come over time.

So, I think you can feel free to make changes over time!

asmoK

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd say go for the change, untill you find what suits you the best and the viewers

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Always do what you enjoy doing. If you feel the pressure to change but don't like the direction your channel is going then you shouldn't do it. If you are excited for the new content go for it.

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I think you should do what you enjoy personally, but the advice I'd give depends on your personal goals. Do you want views and subs for the money, or to find people who enjoy the same things you do?

Because if money is the thing you originally set out to make, sure, change it up to something you think will be popular and attain a bigger audience.

But are you doing YT due to it being a hobby and because you want to make your own creation and something personal? Then you shouldn't compromise what you actually enjoy making videos on for the sake of money. This is assuming you're enjoying what you make now and wouldn't enjoy as much what you plan to make to gain more subs.

That's how I see it.
I like to do review videos the most about TV shows. If I wanted to make far more money, the thing that's popular out there is "theory" (incorrect use of the word, hence the quotation marks) videos that speculate about concepts in those TV shows. I don't like these videos though, and I don't bother to make them unless what I discussed in a review was already considered a "theory" (in which case all I have to do is revise what I already said and elaborate on it instead of coming up with an idea from scratch. This takes relatively little time so I make new videos out of revising what I discussed in a review when applicable).
I want my focus to stick to reviews because that's what I enjoy doing and would rather converse with people about. However, if I cared about making cash and didn't have a preference for what types of videos I make, I'd surely be doing these "theory" videos to get the bucks.

So it all depends on what it is you want out of your channel.
My hope is given enough time, I can build/find an audience that enjoys what I do, instead of trying to appeal to those who have different tastes by catering to what they would watch.

Last edited:

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
One thing I do recommend is having a link to your channel in your signature, the one you currently have doesn't work just a heads up, I have gained quite a few subs from this site alone, and this way they can always help you out, but people need to see the channel and videos you are talking about.