Should I re-upload old content?

ggdeeofficial

EZ Game EZ Life
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I have this dilemma here where I have two channels. One old channel that i made in the past focused on a particle video game and my "new" channel, the one I have right now with a more broader variety of games. I want to move videos from my old channel to my new one and maybe rebrand some of them.

I just have a few questions.

• Do i have to delete my old video first before I re-upload?
  • Does this violate and Youtube ToS?
  • What are any concerns for me doing so?
p.s.
I just want to move on from that channel in general and rebrand.

halp!
-Dee

Kate (Caitlin)

I make videos on the internet...I guess?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Ranter, Gamer, Commentator
You say you want to move on from that channel, but uploading your old videos from that channel wouldn't be moving on from it? Just my opinion.

But to my knowledge you don't have to delete it first and it doesn't violate the ToS.

Reactions: ggdeeofficial

ggdeeofficial

EZ Game EZ Life
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You say you want to move on from that channel, but uploading your old videos from that channel wouldn't be moving on from it? Just my opinion.

But to my knowledge you don't have to delete it first and it doesn't violate the ToS.
I want to move on from the branding. I also want to have everything in once place too. so youtube doesn't strike duplicate content? that's crazy!

Rails2Revolution

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Actually yeah it is against it, but thats more in regard to doing it on a single channel. Doing it on multiple channels is not recommended in the ToS but i doubt youtube will strike you or even realise it has happened