Should I Monetize My Videos? Goods/Bads?

SmokeySpace

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't really like the idea of ads on my videos because they won't really help me and are just annoying to the viewers, although I heard they help you get ranked and recommended, so I'm not sure if I should or not what do you guys think?

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I personally am not going to monetize my videos until I start getting a respectable amount of views per video (for me that's more than 100) YouTube does probably promote the videos with ads more often as those are the ones getting them money, just make sure your video ads are skippable as those are ones people really don't mind too much.

silverwolfer

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter
I get about 80 views natively and 300 to 5k views when I post on reddit. When I turned on ads my views went up from 30 views without crossposting to 80.

So my views goes up and I make a few pennies.

Win/Win

Reactions: SmokeySpace

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It depends on what you want to do!
The good is that you could earn money from the start.
While the bad could be that people might be thrown off by the ads, and it might not be worth it, when the views are low.

But it´s up to you!

AlexGotBeats

Blessed & Cursed
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Youtube puts ads anyways even if you don't monetize so why not get something out of it? I feel like in todays age and time ppl have already accepted the ads whether its on youtube or spotify or any website really i don't think its a big deal anymore. Just yeah you're not gonna earn much but its better than nothing.

TheBeardedMountainBiker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I get about 80 views natively and 300 to 5k views when I post on reddit. When I turned on ads my views went up from 30 views without crossposting to 80.

So my views goes up and I make a few pennies.

Win/Win
Forgive the stupid question, but just how does it work with posting videos on Reddit? I've had a look on there and it just looks like a free for all to me...I must be missing something :(

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Forgive the stupid question, but just how does it work with posting videos on Reddit? I've had a look on there and it just looks like a free for all to me...I must be missing something :(
You should treat Reddit as another forum, if they feel that you spam, they will be brutal, but if you post in the appropriate subreddit, they might be nice, and you will earn quite the views!
I must have earned quite the views from Reddit actually! but that´s because I post in the right subreddit!

TheBeardedMountainBiker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You should treat Reddit as another forum, if they feel that you spam, they will be brutal, but if you post in the appropriate subreddit, they might be nice, and you will earn quite the views!
I must have earned quite the views from Reddit actually! but that´s because I post in the right subreddit!
I'll check it out later then. To be honest I didn't really look that deep as it just looked so disorganized. Cheers for the reply.

TheBeardedMountainBiker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So a couple of hours ago I posted one of my videos on Reddit and it's just shot up by 54 views!! Cheers guys, great advice :up2: