Should I make a new channel or not?

New channel. Yes or no.

• Total voters

Johannes

Reaction score
Hi! Long time no see...

I used to post videos to YouTube where I played guitar. The last months, I haven't posted anything at all. I got approximately 2000 inactive subscribers from sub4sub etc. and 90 000 total video views. Do you guys think I should make a new channel and start from scratch, or should I stick to my "old" channel? I would like to hear your opinions!

Thanks

xandru8

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi! Long time no see...

I used to post videos to YouTube where I played guitar. The last months, I haven't posted anything at all. I got approximately 2000 inactive subscribers from sub4sub etc. and 90 000 total video views. Do you guys think I should make a new channel and start from scratch, or should I stick to my "old" channel? I would like to hear your opinions!

Thanks
i say stick to the old channel bcuz to start a new one these days and to really get a crowd its kinda very VERY dificult even with help from forums and sutch ... just saying so in my opinion stick with the old one and work on it since you alreaddy got a base

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi! Long time no see...

Thanks
if you already have content on your original channel, switching may not be a good idea. First off, if people find your old videos, they may not know that you moved, and subscribe to your dead channel. Also, some active subscribers may not move over to your new channel. I'd say just stick to what you have.

Reactions: xandru8

xandru8

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
if you already have content on your original channel, switching may not be a good idea. First off, if people find your old videos, they may not know that you moved, and subscribe to your dead channel. Also, some active subscribers may not move over to your new channel. I'd say just stick to what you have.
yeeey nice advice man

Reactions: ForeverAlonePrick

xandru8

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have made a new channel, and it has been very difficult to get my following back.
well people if they get confy with a channel then to move to another its gona be a bother to the majority, you are gona get some of them to pass to the new channel but some are just not gona bother thats why i stick with only one channel lol, but nontheless good luck

JTAphotographs

Ask me anything. ANYTHING! o_O
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
I'd keep your channel atm because as FAP said, if you already have content on the channel, its best to keep it - unless you are changing completely the videos that you are going to do on your channel :/ if you have those views on your channel and a high sub count it will be more likely to encourage people to view your videos and sub to your channel if they see your videos :)

xandru8

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd keep your channel atm because as FAP said, if you already have content on the channel, its best to keep it - unless you are changing completely the videos that you are going to do on your channel :/ if you have those views on your channel and a high sub count it will be more likely to encourage people to view your videos and sub to your channel if they see your videos :)
lol i find funny the fact that now ForeverAlonePrick is now shorter as FAP ... lol

Reactions: JTAphotographs