Should I keep my content on one channel or move it to a second channel?

SkitMantv

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi, On my channel SkitManDoesThings I recently made the change to include gaming content on my channel along with comedy sketches/vlogs which I was doing before. I wanted to ask if this was the right move or should the gaming content be moved to a seperate channel away from the vlogs I was doing beforehand?

Thanks!

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you should move it so people who want to watch skits but not gaming can subscribe to the channel for skits and people who want gaming but not skits can subscribe to the gaming channel but not the skits channel, if that makes sense.... In the end it is up to you and this is only my opinion!

Commander Skull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Cartoonist, Animator
Depends on what you want to focus on your main channel. You may make a second channel dedicated to only vlogs or gameplay videos. For me personally for now I am trying to mix both.

terror569

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi, On my channel SkitManDoesThings I recently made the change to include gaming content on my channel along with comedy sketches/vlogs which I was doing before. I wanted to ask if this was the right move or should the gaming content be moved to a seperate channel away from the vlogs I was doing beforehand?

Thanks!
well it really depends on you. I'm also gaming channel but I would love to vlog and do short movies but I wouldn't create another channel since I'm a small youtuber and I know that nobody would follow. :D So it really depends on you :up2:

combeferret

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It depends how much work you're willing to put into both of them. Making two separate channels may split your time negatively, decreasing the quality of both. As long as you're dedicated to both that's fine.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It seems like you have a really decent subscriber base, so you may have a good case for breaking out a new channel. The one thing I don't like is when someone has two channels, and they update one channel constantly and the second channel is an obvious second thought. So make sure you can give both channels the attention they deserve, and it'll be good!

Reactions: combeferret

Its Ryan

Youtuber?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
as of now since you are a small channel only one

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Strategies & Technique Advice Forum. ^_^

SkitMantv

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you all for the advice! I really appreciate it :)