Should i go with my old youtube channel or create a new one?

JRT1990

Reaction score
Hello guys; I am very confused about such a thing that i need help from your side.

Well, I have one channel on weightloss topic - subs are totally from my country.

Total subs are 52,000+

Now, confusion starts. Well, i want to restart that old channel with one new travel vlogging topic in my country.

Is it beneficial or recommended to use that old channel and rename it for my new travel vlogging niche?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Personally, I would make a new channel - Travel and weight loss are completely different topics. You could however make a video on your weight loss channel to promote your new channel.

JRT1990

Reaction score
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Personally, I would make a new channel - Travel and weight loss are completely different topics. You could however make a video on your weight loss channel to promote your new channel.
Frist, Thanks for your comment,

Well, last night i was also thinking about creating new one and start from scratch.

What if i use that old channel and rename it and start vlogging.
How many things are going to happen? any idea?
Which issues i can get?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
What if i use that old channel and rename it and start vlogging.
How many things are going to happen? any idea?
Which issues i can get?
The original weightloss subs will unsubscribe or just ignore your new videos. They won't all suddenly come back and start watching your travel videos if that is what you're hoping. So you will have a channel with approximately 50,000 subs and not many views. The stats are going to look very weird publicly and for you privately it's going to be hard to analyse what is working and not working. Plus if you have a custom URL, it's going to be related to weight loss and not travel.

If it were me, I'd start a brand new channel, with new stats, URL etc etc.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hello guys; I am very confused about such a thing that i need help from your side.

Well, I have one channel on weightloss topic - subs are totally from my country.

Total subs are 52,000+

Now, confusion starts. Well, i want to restart that old channel with one new travel vlogging topic in my country.

Is it beneficial or recommended to use that old channel and rename it for my new travel vlogging niche?
will you still be dieting/eating healthy while traveling? maybe its possible to do travel videos & still heavily concentrate on weightloss information in them. I mean a lot of us do travel & if on a diet we still want to keep it up but its hard, so include lots of tips on how to travel & maintain your diet at the same time

JRT1990

Reaction score
will you still be dieting/eating healthy while traveling? maybe its possible to do travel videos & still heavily concentrate on weightloss information in them. I mean a lot of us do travel & if on a diet we still want to keep it up but its hard, so include lots of tips on how to travel & maintain your diet at the same time
You're right. I can put some things up on that channel.

Also, i thought that; once i upload a first 10 videos; i will not notify my 50,000 subscribers to get notification and watch that travel vlog video. If someone catch my video from browsing tab or home page tab then, they have those own right to click on that video; if they like it then, go ahead and watch the video.

Lets see; what happens; i will continue writing my results on this page too. May be within 2 week i will publish some videos on my channel.

JRT1990

Reaction score
The original weightloss subs will unsubscribe or just ignore your new videos. They won't all suddenly come back and start watching your travel videos if that is what you're hoping. So you will have a channel with approximately 50,000 subs and not many views. The stats are going to look very weird publicly and for you privately it's going to be hard to analyse what is working and not working. Plus if you have a custom URL, it's going to be related to weight loss and not travel.

If it were me, I'd start a brand new channel, with new stats, URL etc etc.
While uploading my first 10videos; i will not notify my 50,000 subscribers to get notification and watch that travel vlog video. If someone catch my video from browsing tab or home page tab then, they have those own right to click on that video; if they like it then, go ahead and watch the video.

Does sounds cool? if people like my video on home page then, they have own right to click on it.

I can get my own custom new url on my channel. So, no custom url problem....

What do you say? is it good!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
While uploading my first 10videos; i will not notify my 50,000 subscribers to get notification and watch that travel vlog video. If someone catch my video from browsing tab or home page tab then, they have those own right to click on that video; if they like it then, go ahead and watch the video.

Does sounds cool? if people like my video on home page then, they have own right to click on it.

I can get my own custom new url on my channel. So, no custom url problem....

What do you say? is it good!
Well if that's what you want to do, then of course you can choose. It's your channel after all. :) Personally, I would have started a separate channel.

• Love
Reactions: JRT1990