Should I branch out, or stay focused?

Missilebomb

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I just got over being really really sick, and am finally capable of recording again. While I was sick I was looking at my channel and started thinking it may be a good idea to branch it from just pokemon to Indy games as well, give it a bit broader of a focus. What do you guys think?

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
So I just got over being really really sick, and am finally capable of recording again. While I was sick I was looking at my channel and started thinking it may be a good idea to branch it from just pokemon to Indy games as well, give it a bit broader of a focus. What do you guys think?
At your current point, branching out would be fine. I still think you should find a niche that you're happy doing and is also popular with other people's interest. Sometimes too much variety can be off-putting for viewers, especially if they're just looking for something specific. Best of luck!

Missilebomb

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
At your current point, branching out would be fine. I still think you should find a niche that you're happy doing and is also popular with other people's interest. Sometimes too much variety can be off-putting for viewers, especially if they're just looking for something specific. Best of luck!
Honestly what I want is really just a little traction. I love pokemon, but I also love so many of the Indy games out there, but I kind of feel like it doesn't matter what I do, I'll be overshadowed. Thanks for the support I really appreciate it

Sparky Flyz

Reaction score
You should definitly branch out because you want to appeal to a bigger audience

TheBossman

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Reviewer
I think these days gaming channels have to have variety although not over saturation (a mistake I made I think). Indie games get views too and you get to try and find the next big indie hit. As long as you keep Pokemon you should be fine. It's not like you've changed genre completely.

PseudoExon

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Find the happy medium...like the person said above...a little variety shouldn't hurt. It would be like an audience for different sections on your channel.

Missilebomb

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well thanks guys! I think I may have a handle on it now (probably not) I'm gonna start rooting through my collection a bunch and see what I can work with

aarondafish

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Just do what you want to do on youtube, if you want to do inde games, then go right ahead! :D

Reactions: Coffee Nova

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think branching out is a really good idea man and will definitely pay off long term as you'll have more games to play too!