Short Films

crandy93

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm new to short films and I just completed my very first attempt. I'm looking for suggestions to make my content better. All suggestions and comments are welcome.

My YouTube channel is Randy Castaneda

Ciarra deBritto

Bringing your imagination to life.
Reaction score
Hey there fellow filmmaker!

I think with your short film, your shot composition is very well done. You had some beautiful scenes to work with.

What's great about short films is that they're very open ended and there isn't really a true definition to the words "short film". Creators are able to make what they please and express themselves.

BUT, with every story, you need a plot. I had trouble finding one here. What was the plot? The main character, the conflict? These are all very key elements in composing a successful short film. Lead your audience on, leave them asking "why?" :)

I like the intermittent addition to camera audio as well as the piano track to go along with it. I think for a first attempt, this was great. You have a lot of potential in this field. I look forward to seeing what else you come up with!

crandy93

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger

I think with your short film, your shot composition is very well done. You had some beautiful scenes to work with.

What's great about short films is that they're very open ended and there isn't really a true definition to the words "short film". Creators are able to make what they please and express themselves.

BUT, with every story, you need a plot. I had trouble finding one here. What was the plot? The main character, the conflict? These are all very key elements in composing a successful short film. Lead your audience on, leave them asking "why?" :)

I like the intermittent addition to camera audio as well as the piano track to go along with it. I think for a first attempt, this was great. You have a lot of potential in this field. I look forward to seeing what else you come up with!

Thank you so much, and yes you're right. After I filmed I was having so much trouble trying to figure out what I was even doing or wanting out of the whole thing. I have to agree there really isn't any plot and I couldn't think of one to be honest. I want to capture peoples attention with my content and keep them entertained

dreambridgelists

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hey man great first attempt but it lacks direction, at first i thought you were trying to potray a snap shot of what makes us human, but then i saw your description where you mention its just random lol.

For your next attempt try having a plan or idea in mind for your footage to center around. Your cinématographe is great and you have an artistic eye, so to help out might i recommend (everyframeapainting) and the (lightsfilmschool) channels to learn some filming/cinématographe techniques.

Best of luck looking forward to your next great masterpiece:)

crandy93

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey man great first attempt but it lacks direction, at first i thought you were trying to potray a snap shot of what makes us human, but then i saw your description where you mention its just random lol.

For your next attempt try having a plan or idea in mind for your footage to center around. Your cinématographe is great and you have an artistic eye, so to help out might i recommend (everyframeapainting) and the (lightsfilmschool) channels to learn some filming/cinématographe techniques.

Thank you and yes I will have a plot on my next video!! and I will check those out!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I'm new to short films and I just completed my very first attempt. I'm looking for suggestions to make my content better. All suggestions and comments are welcome.

My YouTube channel is Randy Castaneda

I've moved your thread to the review / feedback forum. :) Please note that the review forum is the only forum where members can ask for feedback on their videos and channel (including artwork). We like to keep this sort of thread out of the main forums. :)

crandy93

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger

I did my second attempt this weekend and i tried my best for it to make more sense! Thanks for suggestions you made.[DOUBLEPOST=1477318636,1477318598][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thank you and yes I will have a plot on my next video!! and I will check those out!

I did my second attempt this weekend and i tried my best for it to make more sense! Thanks for suggestions you made.[DOUBLEPOST=1477318659][/DOUBLEPOST]

I did my second attempt this weekend and i tried my best for it to make more sense! Thanks for suggestions you made.