Shoot me some cool adventurous youtube ideas

Jerry Keeper

Reaction score
So im a vlogger, And i as wondering what you guys would be interested in. what I like doing is adventurous stuff for example-
exploring abandon buildings
hiking
going to isolated beaches
making family vlogs
making vlogs of myself and my goals
making random question vlogs like ( why do girls like tall guys and how is that fair for short guys)
oh i also LOVE ANIMALS

anyways shoot me some ideas or like challenges you guys would like to see me do.

Reactions: Reetae27 and Sladee

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi, and welcome to the forums. :)

I've moved this to the video ideas / planning forum. ^_^

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Try looking at other vloggers and see what their doing. One thing i'd avoid doing is trying to out scale your last vlog. Many "popular" youtubers fall into this trap and constantly need to "improve" their content by doing this. Instead, focus on your storytelling. A vlog is a deception of a day, too many vloggers see it as a catalog of their days events. It's a story, the better you tell it the more it draw people in. Focus on roughly planning your vlog before you actually start it. For instance if you know you are going hiking in the evening maybe plan to shoot the sunset and time lapse it for your ending, or reverse it and use it for your intro. Your videos and their creativity is FAR more appreciated than seeing "crazy" new thing you are going to do today, plus I promise you, you'll enjoy the experience more this way. Good luck.

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Going camping is always a fun experience that I love to do (I don't vlog. I just mean in general I think it's adventurous and fun). I know a lot of people also like to see what gear and food you packed for the trip, so you could show that too.

Since you love animals, you could go to a petting zoo or help a rescue group and walk some of their dogs, help clean, collect donations, etc.

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't generally watch vlog video's per say but I have seen some video's of exploring interesting/abandoned places that I found interesting. I used to do a lot of exploring when I was younger so I suppose I relate to it.

I think family/personal vlogs may be a little more challenging. because if I don't feel I know anything about you or who you are I am generally not interested in your cat fluffy or your brother jim bob unless fluffy is lighting jim bob on fire with a blow torch....lol

I personally feel if someone wanted to build a vlog channel you would want to start by doing interesting/crazy/adventitious things until you start gaining a lot of followers and then start mixing in daily life type vlogs.

I don't know I'm probably wrong on all that just my take on it.

Iain

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Be careful with exploring abandoned places. In many places around the world they are owned by someone, and it's private land/property. Recording it and publishing it online can cause you legal problems, not least because authorities and owners like to discourage others from following you.

Check out urbexing forums online for some info --- it's why quite often photos on those forums are generally anonymous. Posting to YouTube may seem anonymous, but by its nature you're more likely to be on the video yourself and because it's a bigger platform, it's more likely to have footage looked into by authorities/property owners.

I'm not saying don't do it, it's a pretty cool idea - I'm just saying do your research into places first and make sure you don't cause yourself more problems by doing so.