Shadowplay rendered by Sony Vegas, really laggy. Solution?

Y0lo

Reaction score
Hello,

I am recording videos with NVidia Shadowplay. The video card is GTX 750ti 2gb GDDR5 VRAM.

The source videos are recorded in 1080p, 50m bitrate.

The problem is, when I render these source video clips using Sony Vegas, the output is really choppy and laggy.

Does Shadowplay have problems with Sony Vegas usually? Or is there any good settings for both the project and render preset so that the final output is smooth?

Thanks!

lucagrabacr

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Did you set the FPS to 60 on the render options? Most of the default presets are on 30. Also, it's best to make your own render preset, you can YouTube how to do them. (look for "Sony Vegas best render settings for YouTube 60fps")

mrarauzz

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I use shadowplay and Vegas and all is fine. Maybe check settings ?

Mr_Oujamaflip

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I used to have a lot of problems with slow rendering through Vegas Pro 13 and after some research it looked like Vegas doesn't like NVIDIA cards much. It's something to do with their CUDA processing cores, some older cards are fine but newer ones just don't render well at all. It was taking me over an hour to render 10 minute videos (admittedly at 1080/60 but with an i7 4790k and a GTX970 it shouldn't be that slow). I didn't fix it unfortunately. I later tried out Premiere Pro which had a similar issue but I found a third party encoder for it which sped things up considerably and it's taking about 10 minutes to do a 5 minute video at 1080/60 which is so much better.