Setting a channel to "Made for Kids" vs setting each video individually

dengeroso

Reaction score
My channel's videos are all made for kids and I will of course label each video as "Made for Kids." However I notice that if you set your channel to "Made for Kids" that the channel will lose additional features, most importantly for myself the YouTube Stories. What are other kids creators planning on doing? Will you set your channel to "Made for Kids" and lose those features? Is there any reason to set the channel as "Made for Kids" vs each individual video, seeing as you will lose additional features?

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was wondering the same. I can't see the drawback with labeling each individually so that's what I'm doing for now.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I was curious if you had a mix of content. Say you had three videos that were for kids and three that weren't. Does marking three for kids automatically get the stories features etc removed or does it say if other videos are marked not for kids?

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have already designated two entire channels as 'made for kids'.
Another one will have to wait until after Christmas.
My main one, I will be going through every single video in my 2000 video catalog.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
UPDATE: A YouTuber met with the FTC and also talked to them on the phone. the FTC didn't even know there was a for kids and not for kids option. They don't care how you mark it.