SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and How to Benefit from It

mostafagado

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
SEO is basically optimizing your videos so that when users search for something, they appear higher in the search results than the other.

You should optimize the following when you first upload the video:
  • The title
  • The description
  • The tags
The title

Selecting a video title can be the tricky part because how a user searches for a certain topic determines if your video will appear on the first page or not. Suppose you're making a video about how to get more views on YouTube, to find the best title for your video in this case, go to the search bar in YouTube and simply type how to get more YouTube views and see the results and select anyone from what appeared in bold but it is better if you selected any title rather than the first one because a lot of YouTubers will be making videos on it and then after selecting the title that you'll use, add anything to it like 2016 for example or anything you find related to your video.

The description

A description is basically where you tell the users what your video is about and you can provide them with any important links. The first thing to put in your video description is the title that you selected earlier since it is from what the users are searching for the most, it will help your video to rank higher in the search results but don't put the title as it is in the description because it won't appear of any use to the viewer, instead, you can take the title and include it in a sentence, for example, you can write "in this video, i'll be showing you how to get more views on YouTube even if you have a low subscriber count using SEO". Finally, you can add links to your social accounts and blogs for the users to visit.

The tags

The first tag that you should use is the title of your video, then, to determine another tags, there are many ways you can use and i'll go through them one by one:

The first method:
  1. Search using the title that you selected and find the first video that is ranked higher above all others in the first page
  2. Copy the link of this video
  3. Go to a website called BetterWayToWeb
  4. Paste the link of the video in the form and click on "Find tags"
  5. Copy the resulted tags and use them as your tags
The second method:

1. Using the search bar, search using the title of your video
  2. Take the suggestions and put them as your tags
  3. You can also break down long sentences into words and use them as tags too

The third method (recommended):
  1. Go to the same website
  2. In the form, type a keyword related to your video or simply put your video title and click on "Find Tags"
  3. The resulted tags will be the tags of the most popular videos, so, this method is considered better than the others.
That's it, hope you found this helpful!

Last edited:

whats_good

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
TubeBuddy will offer the majority of all of this consolidated on to your actual YouTube Dashboard.

Reactions: Brewin

itslevy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
BWTW it is very usefull. Thank you for sharing it's link with us! It might help me a lot!

Ghostnova

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Comedian, Gamer, Other
The tags

1. Go to a website called BetterWayToWeb
Thanks for this! I had no idea what SEO even was, You explained it really well and that website I utilized it right away. Extremely useful tool and nonintrusive.

TubeBuddy will offer the majority of all of this consolidated on to your actual YouTube Dashboard.
Is this a safe plugin? It seems like allowing a third party to mess with your channel could lead to bad things down the line. Has anyone heard of something like this happening? Or am I just paranoid?

whats_good

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for this! I had no idea what SEO even was, You explained it really well and that website I utilized it right away. Extremely useful tool and nonintrusive.

Is this a safe plugin? It seems like allowing a third party to mess with your channel could lead to bad things down the line. Has anyone heard of something like this happening? Or am I just paranoid?
It's safe, YouTube certified;

https://www.tubebuddy.com/

Ghostnova

Reaction score
Channel Type
If you have a moment, could you elaborate on how it's worked out for you? Is it easy to use? Do you see it increasing your viewership or anything?

whats_good

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you have a moment, could you elaborate on how it's worked out for you? Is it easy to use? Do you see it increasing your viewership or anything?
Extremely simply to use, allowing you to create annotations templates is useful. In no way is this going to increase your view count, it just consolidates tools to aid you in upload/tagging process.

Ghostnova

Reaction score
Channel Type
Ok, Thanks so much. I'll look into it. Any tool we can get will help us get to where we want to be.

Fausin

Reaction score
Hai all sorry my english bad, iam upload 86 videos but view only 2 people :mad: how to seo ??