Sending messages to friends and subscribers about new video releases on YouTube

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you tend to send out messages to your friends and/or subscribers when you release a new video? How has this worked for you and have you noticed any increase in your views when doing so? Do you tend to get good or bad responses from the people you send them too? Do you consider it "spamming" doing such things? Would you recommend sending out such messages?

Share your experiences and thoughts on this with us :)

Werewilf

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I don't, I don't like getting messages from people telling me about their videos so I just assume no one else does.

Unknown_user009

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Its a good idea to do it if it isnt spammy sounding and it can bring a lot of people to your videos. Dont over do it though :)

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm going to start doing this, because it seems subboxes never work properly. I got a comment yesterday from someone asking when pt 2 of my Rage let's play was going up. I told him it was uploading, but just a sec ago he sent me a message that it never hit his subbox...
And it has terrible views, so I'm going to start doing it right now!

Edit: Never mind, it looks like I would have to type in all their names, there's no Message to all subs thing, is there? Too bad, this is too much work to do now.

travestyalpha

Reaction score
Just a little bit. I never used to until my recent batch, but I'd hate to have it happening constantly. It would be nice to get a few fans who like them enough to share them - they can do the marketing.

Tence

I've Got It
Reaction score
I don't, I don't like getting messages from people telling me about their videos so I just assume no one else does.
Me to. I get annoyed sometimes. Im in a middle of a game, about to get a 25 killstreak, and BAM. Someone starts spamming me on xfire 'LIEK MAI VIDEO, LIEK MAI VIDEO!'.

lalgsw

Reaction score
I do it and i do respond to them, but they are annoying. About 10% of the people who get the message will respond tho, sometimes less

karlsanada10

Monthly Video Game Giveaway on my channel now!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hmmm...If YouTube has a feature of adding several accounts and not typing each username on the sent box. I would be glad. But then I only tried 3 times with different people.

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I never have done it. I know when i get messages about videos sometimes it seems a bit spammy especially if its from people that i'm not even friends/contacts with.