Seeking feedback on science video [4:30] - happy to return favour

ScienceIsFun

Hi there :)

I've been making fortnightly videos, taking on board the advice I received early on from here - improving audio, framing self closer to camera etc..

I'm interested in knowing whether you enjoy this particular style of presentation - do you find the topic interesting, is the presentation engaging, do you like the animations and simulations? Is there anything you'd change? What do you like about the video? Any and all feedback is appreciated. :)

Likewise if you make 'how to' or educational videos and are looking for feedback, I'm happy to return the favour as I appreciate people taking time out of their day to give me a hand. :) Happy to help out too if your content is of a different genre - but my advice may be less specific ^_^

Thanks in advance!

Who made that intro?! That was amazing! I loved it!

Do you have Adobe Premiere? If so, there are 2 Audio Effects I would use. tv.adobe.com/watch/companion-videos-for-inspire/adobe-premiere-pro-cc-improving-audio/ - (Just swap out the Male voice for Female voice in the tutorial). That should help a lot.

The video content was fantastic! Keep up the great work, you're bound to get lots of views and subscribers. Good luck :)

Wow! I really enjoy your channel :D
The biggest issue I can see with your videos at the moment is that there are parts where they are not visually very interesting
Im not sure which editing program you use, but I would love to see more cutaways and less time simply watching you talk infront of a tripod.
Aside from that I can't think of much advice to give except maybe working on the speed and clarity of your voice, it can be a little hard to understand you at times :D

Who made that intro?! That was amazing! I loved it!

Do you have Adobe Premiere? If so, there are 2 Audio Effects I would use. tv.adobe.com/watch/companion-videos-for-inspire/adobe-premiere-pro-cc-improving-audio/ - (Just swap out the Male voice for Female voice in the tutorial). That should help a lot.

The video content was fantastic! Keep up the great work, you're bound to get lots of views and subscribers. Good luck :)
Thank you so much for the positive review! :)
With regards to the animation, all the credits are in the description of the video (with links to the rest of the artwork) - they are two very talented artists, one released Asteroid, a watercolour artbook, and the other makes incredible animations.

I don't use Adobe Premiere sadly, I use Da Vinci Resolve which is pretty good, but is free. Other option is I could improve audio in Audacity beforehand. What would you say specifically is wrong with the audio - does it need to be louder / clearer etc..? I use an external recorder which is supposedly quite high quality, but people often comment on the audio and I don't have a good enough ear to know what's wrong. I used to have a lavalier mic but sadly that stopped working (was used in the previous video, and trying to decide which has better quality).

Wow! I really enjoy your channel :D
The biggest issue I can see with your videos at the moment is that there are parts where they are not visually very interesting
Im not sure which editing program you use, but I would love to see more cutaways and less time simply watching you talk infront of a tripod.
Aside from that I can't think of much advice to give except maybe working on the speed and clarity of your voice, it can be a little hard to understand you at times :D
Thank you - I'm glad you like it :)
I caption all my videos to avoid problems with clarity, but I agree I speak a bit fast. I'm not even sure how that happened, I think I just didn't want the video to be too long... Gotcha on more cutaways - I tend to stick in more B-roll towards the end of the video to keep it visually interesting, but I probably should use it more throughout.
Thanks for the feedback!

Back