Rumble steals Videos

Singing

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thought I'd let YTtalkers know that Rumble(.)com steals videos. Here's the story.

Rumble contacted us about uploading one of our videos to their site. The video was both of my dogs singing while I play my saxophone to the New Years song. In the past the video has been aired on several major TV shows and gotten us on TV. At the time the Rumble rep didn't seem completely honest to me, so I decided to pass. Turns out my instincts were right.

A few months later I was doing my usually check for duplicate uploads. I used to do SEO, so I have some software that I use to help to speed up searches and do them in bulk to hit a lot of keywords.

I found that Rumble had uploaded a different video of one of my dogs singing on their DailyMotion channel for awhile. I thought this sort of odd and I never gave them permission to upload this video or anything on our Youtube channel. I specifically asked about this video and the rep said, "No" they just wanted the other video.

This I thought was really weird imo. I noticed the video had been distributed other places because of Rumble most likely and I'm sure they profited of re-uploading it these other outlets, without our knowledge or consent.

I wrote to the contact I had, explained the situation, and requested a clear explanation. Never got a reply. If you get a request from Rumble I'd make sure they haven't already uploaded your video without your permission and be extremely careful dealing with them. They are thieves.

Reactions: Zerodecoole

FurryNomNoms

Deadpan Overlord
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You can always sue. There was a similar case with the Taster's Choice coffee man.

Reactions: Singing

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thought I'd let YTtalkers know that Rumble(.)com steals videos. Here's the story.

Rumble contacted us about uploading one of our videos to their site. The video was both of my dogs singing while I play my saxophone to the New Years song. In the past the video has been aired on several major TV shows and gotten us on TV. At the time the Rumble rep didn't seem completely honest to me, so I decided to pass. Turns out my instincts were right.

A few months later I was doing my usually check for duplicate uploads. I used to do SEO, so I have some software that I use to help to speed up searches and do them in bulk to hit a lot of keywords.

I found that Rumble had uploaded a different video of one of my dogs singing on their DailyMotion channel for awhile. I thought this sort of odd and I never gave them permission to upload this video or anything on our Youtube channel. I specifically asked about this video and the rep said, "No" they just wanted the other video.

This I thought was really weird imo. I noticed the video had been distributed other places because of Rumble most likely and I'm sure they profited of re-uploading it these other outlets, without our knowledge or consent.

I wrote to the contact I had, explained the situation, and requested a clear explanation. Never got a reply. If you get a request from Rumble I'd make sure they haven't already uploaded your video without your permission and be extremely careful dealing with them. They are thieves.
Somebody else probably stole your video and uploaded to them. This happened to me with break.com. Rumble normally asks for permission or waits for submissions. I've dealt with rumble and they have been legit for me

PressRecord

Daily Vlogs on a Daily Basis!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've had a fairly good experience with Rumble. There are some shady aspects to it, but they haven't ever stolen my videos. In fact they have paid up front for videos of mine. The fact of the matter is I've made good money in a short amount of time whereas if I marketed it myself I wouldn't have sold half of the deals that they do. If it's something you can repeat and you're okay losing the rights to the video then I think it's worth working with them. But if it's a once in a lifetime video it'd be better to keep it to yourself because you can make more money long term than working with them short term.

Also as @Munchito696 mentioned it is possible someone else stole your video and submitted. That has happened to me in the past with a few TV stations =X

Reactions: markkaz

WilliamRayWalters

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I found that Rumble had uploaded a different video of one of my dogs singing on their DailyMotion channel for awhile.
File a DMCA notice against them.

https://rumble.com/s/dmca.html

Here is a link to a sample DMCA I found.

https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/dmcahost.rtf

Don't be scared of the legal talk on their website DMCA page and their mention of consulting your lawyer. All unnecessary and meant to intimidate you into thinking it's some difficult task. Fill the form out and send it to them. They will take the video down.

Good luck if you decide to go through with this.

Reactions: Crown

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've had a fairly good experience with Rumble. There are some shady aspects to it, but they haven't ever stolen my videos. In fact they have paid up front for videos of mine. The fact of the matter is I've made good money in a short amount of time whereas if I marketed it myself I wouldn't have sold half of the deals that they do. If it's something you can repeat and you're okay losing the rights to the video then I think it's worth working with them. But if it's a once in a lifetime video it'd be better to keep it to yourself because you can make more money long term than working with them short term.

Also as @Munchito696 mentioned it is possible someone else stole your video and submitted. That has happened to me in the past with a few TV stations =X
Luckily with Break, my buddy told me I was famous one morning and showed me a link to me getting pepper sprayed. It had like 187k views in less than one day. I contacted Break's copyright people and they responded pretty fast. Somebody tried to license my video, but I proved it was my video and they ended up giving me $200, so I wasn't sad. I think I had to send out my original video which I uploaded about 5 years earlier, and also an ID shot of me to prove I was the one in the video.

Reactions: markkaz

PressRecord

Daily Vlogs on a Daily Basis!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Luckily with Break, my buddy told me I was famous one morning and showed me a link to me getting pepper sprayed. It had like 187k views in less than one day. I contacted Break's copyright people and they responded pretty fast. Somebody tried to license my video, but I proved it was my video and they ended up giving me $200, so I wasn't sad. I think I had to send out my original video which I uploaded about 5 years earlier, and also an ID shot of me to prove I was the one in the video.
I wasn't so lucky =X I had tv shows like tosh.o and a few others show one of my clips with some random blurred out watermark that I didn't have on the original. They never got back to me so I just kinda dealt with it =X. Glad you got things sorted out though!

Riddikore

Overseer of Earth Realm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Moved thread to Copyright & Legal Discussion section

Reactions: Michael

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I wasn't so lucky =X I had tv shows like tosh.o and a few others show one of my clips with some random blurred out watermark that I didn't have on the original. They never got back to me so I just kinda dealt with it =X. Glad you got things sorted out though!
If it made it to Tosh I'm sure somebody just stole your video and uploaded, these companies who make ad profit will not steal your video for legal reasons. Most likely some ******* stole your video and tried to license it, you see this all the time when something goes viral.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
If it made it to Tosh I'm sure somebody just stole your video and uploaded, these companies who make ad profit will not steal your video for legal reasons. Most likely some ******* stole your video and tried to license it, you see this all the time when something goes viral.
But...but... this thread was evidence that Rumble are thieves. How dare you bring logic and reason into the copyright and legal discussion forum. :p

Reactions: Carter