Review my video and I'll review yours!

Viral Joy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have started my channel recently and since then I've been working on making everything about my videos as flawless as possible, considering the quality of the found material I work with. Please give me your feedback on my video, and I will do the same for you for at least the next three days.

Last edited:

CHS Videos

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello! Put some soft music under it. Make the clips shorter. Don't use the fade option but let the next clip follow right up. This will make the watch time longer and the video more appealing imo. Good luck with your channel ;)

andysebastian

Reaction score
I like your selection of clips they're pretty funny. Only thing is the fade transition that bothers me like they said above ^. Other then that good work.

DevinLandis

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Good job! I think the clips are entertaining, I would just make them a bit shorter.

Viral Joy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello! Put some soft music under it. Make the clips shorter. Don't use the fade option but let the next clip follow right up. This will make the watch time longer and the video more appealing imo. Good luck with your channel ;)
Thank you for your advice! I will definitely consider putting in some background music and making the clips shorter. Although the cross fading transition doesn't actually make the clips shorter, it seems like I'm the only one who likes it better with them, so I guess they've gotta go ;Đ.

I've checked out your two latest videos. The content is interesting enough, if you keep up the quality you will probably keep growing easily. What I could suggest is the usage of annotations at the end of the videos, leading us to another one of your contents as well as a subscribe button, maybe a preview for or info about your upcoming video. Also, in your latest work at the last few seconds there are two parallel audio tracks that contain talking, so only the louder one is audible properly (it might have been on purpose, though). Lastly, I've noticed in your channel's banner the link to subscribe, which turned out to be just 1-2 cm above the original button that's there by default. This is all I could find on the first glimpse. Good luck for you, too! \o/[DOUBLEPOST=1465235407,1465234022][/DOUBLEPOST]
I like your selection of clips they're pretty funny. Only thing is the fade transition that bothers me like they said above ^. Other then that good work.
Thanks for the review!

I've watched your last 2 videos (about touring in Croatia and UK). They are nice looking and well organized clips. The only improvable things I could bring up are very similar to that of CHS': when there is talking in one of your audio tracks and the background music stays as loud as it was before, nothing can be understood from what is being said, which might annoy some of the viewers who are trying to figure out what they are saying "silently". Also, annotations at the end of your videos can help you drive them through all your material in a nice circle. 8)

Viral Joy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Good job! I think the clips are entertaining, I would just make them a bit shorter.
Thank you for your good words! I will try to make those clips shorter then ;)

I've watched your latest video (Diabetes in a cup) and your channel intro. I'm glad to see that despite being more of an educational channel rather than strictly entertaining, you're growing pretty nicely. Audio seems to be a very general problem and that's probably what you can improve the most with as well - although in your case there was no background music during talking (at least not in the cases I remember), but the chatter of the surrounding people suppressed you and your interviewee's voice (for eg. at the beginning of your latest vid.) and unfortunately both your words were hard to understand. Besides that, in your first video I had to crank the volume to 100% (I've been watching the other guys' videos at 5% volume and they were still occasionally too loud) and it was still a bit more silent than what would have been adequate. Lastly, at the risk of seeming repetitive, I could also recommend you the usage of annotations with links to others ones of your vids or previews/info of your next-to-come content at the last few seconds of your material.
Other than that, keep up the great work!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'd say make the clips a tad shorter, sweet :)
Also the link to your channel isn't working otherwise I'd view more vids. If you go to your settings you should be able to sort it. It explains how to do it in Useful site information !

Bomber Brigade

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd try to experiment with different transitions between clips just to mix it up. On clips with the side bars I'd add an overlay to cover them and with that you can add the title of the video, your channel logo, and other accounts related to the channel. Not all the clips have that so it may be really tedious to do but i think it'd be a great idea! Some background music could be good just make sure it isn't louder than the video. Overall it's really good!

Viral Joy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'd say make the clips a tad shorter, sweet :)
Also the link to your channel isn't working otherwise I'd view more vids. If you go to your settings you should be able to sort it. It explains how to do it in Useful site information !
Thanks for advice and for the heads up! I didn't realize that was a second link, thought it was same one as the video. Managed to fix it now \o/

As with the others, I've watched 2 of your vids. I liked them a lot as they were pretty hilarious, but the amount of vulgarity was also "extreme" ;Đ
In "Why my waitress hates me" it was also unusual - to say the least - how it seems to have been made out of few second clips and constantly had cuts in it. If this was a form of art that I just didn't get, then never mind 8)
Otherwise you're doing great, keep them coming!

Viral Joy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'd try to experiment with different transitions between clips just to mix it up. On clips with the side bars I'd add an overlay to cover them and with that you can add the title of the video, your channel logo, and other accounts related to the channel. Not all the clips have that so it may be really tedious to do but i think it'd be a great idea! Some background music could be good just make sure it isn't louder than the video. Overall it's really good!
Thanks a lot mate, your ideas seem rather great, indeed! I will be sure to see how my vids would look using them.

I've checked out 2 of your vids, and as much as I enjoyed them, they felt rather "raw". This might have been done like that on purpose as part of a "minimalistic" design plan, but I feel like a short intro and maybe an outro with annotations to other ones of your content could help you out greatly in your growing process. Also, just like others adviced it to me, I shall to you: some silent, content-friendly background music would really liven up the mood during those gaming sessions.
Hope you manage well, good luck!