Review my Best Video???

Style Child

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi YTTalk,
Before i request a review, im going to give you some context and backstory to the video as i feel like its quite important to understanding the video. When i make my videos i tend to do them in one sitting. So they reflect whatever i am feeling at the time, a sort of visual diary. anyway, I have been going through a pretty rough few months, and a few days ago i had some revelations and for the first time in 2017 i was at peace with myself. So i decided to make a video as a reminder of everything that i had realised and thought about incase i ever fall into that place again. The story of the video starts when marge and homer get in the car after Prom and homer begins to reminise about his childhod with marge,his chilhood love. and before he knows it he wakes up next to her in realisation that his best days are behind him (when he was young the world was full of wonder and adventure - *when they were dreaming and flying and stuff*) so he just lies back down and carries on with his life. This is the first video that i havent half arsed and put my full a**e into this one :giggle:
anyway please give honest constructive feedback, any thoughts are appreciated!
much love
-Alex

Reactions: Sk Jony

mysticmotel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Alex!
I have to ask, what inspired you to use the Simpsons in this sort of fashion? Very dream like, it's truly intriguing and unique. My only constructive criticism, (which depends entirely on which way you're trying to reach people) would be to utilize a shorter length of video. Even if you posted just the beginning up to 1:00, that would really make for an interesting clip (I loved that part the most). I think it would spark a lot of interest in what you'll do next, or how you'll follow that up.

Food for thought. :pompus: Otherwise, great content. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Style Child

Commoncentsmike

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Overall I liked the message, though the Simpsons part was lost on me. The music and black and white text was spot on though. Was the Neil and Sam Harris in the beginning?

Reactions: Style Child

Style Child

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi Alex!
I have to ask, what inspired you to use the Simpsons in this sort of fashion? Very dream like, it's truly intriguing and unique. My only constructive criticism, (which depends entirely on which way you're trying to reach people) would be to utilize a shorter length of video. Even if you posted just the beginning up to 1:00, that would really make for an interesting clip (I loved that part the most). I think it would spark a lot of interest in what you'll do next, or how you'll follow that up.

Food for thought. :pompus: Otherwise, great content. Keep up the good work!
Hi Mystic,
Thank you for the review! well The Simpsons for me, and most of the current generations, has been around my entire life, its not just pop culture but general culture, part of my life and all. in this case i proberbly more about the life of the Simpsons more than i do my own! so looking back at some of the older episodes and even some of the new ones, i cant help but get a feeling of nostalgia. almost as if im looking back at my own life, back to when i watched the episodes. thats my explenation for the nosalgic feeling anyway, but im sure i can't be the only one who feels like that. i also feel that because of this, the context of the clips are easy to manipulate because people are so used to the simpsons that anything is possible.

As for your feeback i completely agree. im currently working on a new video and im trying to cut the length down alot, i think the video above hit 5m because i got a bit carried away with the sentiment of it. But as long as i know other people feel the same way about the video length im willing to act on it. as for follow up clips i'm experimenting with other animations, like Adult Swims "Rick and Morty" with the context explores the existencial meaningless of life, i believe i could make some interesting videos. Thank you again for the review and the kind words. I look for forward to your coming uploads aswell!
Thank you

-Alex

Style Child

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Overall I liked the message, though the Simpsons part was lost on me. The music and black and white text was spot on though. Was the Neil and Sam Harris in the beginning?
Hi Mike!

Thank you for the Kind Words! Honestly i wrote up the context of the video beacuse i didnt think anyone would get it otherwise, still im not too fussed about that but Yes the voice samples were taken from the video "The Most Astounding Fact" which was definatly Niel DeGrasse Tyson and im not completely sure if its Sam Harris but i feel like it is.
Thank you Again!

-Alex

Sk Jony

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I visit your channel and find out just 1 video who am i. But your channel banner look creative and unique.