Resumable Uploading!

LiveStrong

Super Poster
Reaction score
Hey guys this is just going to be a short thread explaining all about YouTube's New (Ish :p) resumable upload feature!. Lets get started!.

So what is this resumable upload feature you speak of??

Well thats a good question!, as the title suggests this is a feature that youtube have implemented into their uploading tool!. You see if like me many of you have the WORST internet connection that drops, lags and is generally of poor quality then your internet will disconnect at the most inconvenient of times e.g. whilst uploading a video to YouTube. You see in the past this meant that even if your video was 45 minutes through the uploading process you would have to start the upload all over again! :mad:

So how will this help me??

Well as I discussed in the first section of this thread this feature will be most valuable to those of us who have a bad internet connection that disconnects on a regular basis!. This feature is not new in anyway however alot of people dont even realise it exists!.

So what do I have to do??

Well that is the beauty of this feature you dont really have to do anything............Well one thing!. You must make sure that you have the MOST RECENT UPDATE of any of these browsers:

Google Chrome

Mozilla Firefox

Internet Explorer - Must have Sliverlight installed

Now once you have met the criteria (Having the most updated browser :p ) you can now upload your file, now once your internet disconnects the upload % will stay the same however this does not mean your file has failed to upload!, once your internet connection is back up and connected the upload will resume from where it set off.

Note: I also beleive if you "accidentaly" close your internet browser whilst the upload is in progress you can just reopen the window and upload the file again and it will start where it left off!

Hope this Helps!

Happy Uploading :)

Livestrong

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys this is just going to be a short thread explaining all about YouTube's New (Ish :p) resumable upload feature!. Lets get started!.

So what is this resumable upload feature you speak of??

Well thats a good question!, as the title suggests this is a feature that youtube have implemented into their uploading tool!. You see if like me many of you have the WORST internet connection that drops, lags and is generally of poor quality then your internet will disconnect at the most inconvenient of times e.g. whilst uploading a video to YouTube. You see in the past this meant that even if your video was 45 minutes through the uploading process you would have to start the upload all over again! :mad:

So how will this help me??

Well as I discussed in the first section of this thread this feature will be most valuable to those of us who have a bad internet connection that disconnects on a regular basis!. This feature is not new in anyway however alot of people dont even realise it exists!.

So what do I have to do??

Well that is the beauty of this feature you dont really have to do anything............Well one thing!. You must make sure that you have the MOST RECENT UPDATE of any of these browsers:

Google Chrome

Mozilla Firefox

Internet Explorer - Must have Sliverlight installed

Now once you have met the criteria (Having the most updated browser :p ) you can now upload your file, now once your internet disconnects the upload % will stay the same however this does not mean your file has failed to upload!, once your internet connection is back up and connected the upload will resume from where it set off.

Note: I also beleive if you "accidentaly" close your internet browser whilst the upload is in progress you can just reopen the window and upload the file again and it will start where it left off!

Hope this Helps!

Happy Uploading :)

Livestrong

Nice article thanks for sharing :) I wonder something, if I am uploading a 2gb video and I need to go to bed, its at 70% and I need to turn my PC off, will it resume the next morning when I come back on YouTube and select to upload it again even if I clear my browser cache, cookies etc? If it can do that I will be quite impressed.

LiveStrong

Super Poster
Reaction score
Hey Michael.. Unfortunately I dont think that is possible at the minute as I beleive the data is stored in the browser cache :)

LiveStrong

Super Poster
Reaction score
I didnt until a few hours ago! :D. No problem at all my friend :)

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Michael.. Unfortunately I dont think that is possible at the minute as I beleive the data is stored in the browser cache :)
If it isnt cleared when you exit the browser will it resume the next day?

LiveStrong

Super Poster
Reaction score
I always assumed that the browsers cache was reset after a PC restart anyway! :). However I have never tested this, so one of us will have to! :p

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always assumed that the browsers cache was reset after a PC restart anyway! :). However I have never tested this, so one of us will have to! :p
I might try it out later on with some raw footage and post back with the results.