RESOLVED (I think): Video cannot be found anymore - as if it was set to unlisted

CaptainMayday

Reaction score
Hi all,

I think I solved it.

Might sound a bit stupid, but I did the following:

1. Log out of YT Studio
2. Log in again
3. Slightly adapted the tilte of the video -> Save
4. Log-out & Log-in again on YT Studio
5. Mark video as "unlisted" -> Save
6. Log-out & Log-in again on YT Studio & wait 5 Minutes
7. Mark video as "public" -> Save

After another 5 minutes of waiting, everything seems to work again.
Just waiting for the traffic to pick up again...That might still take some time :-/
But at least I can find the video again.

Might not be the proper solution to tackle the problem - but for me it worked.
Hope that this helps other with similar issues.

All the best!

YOU CAN DISREGARD THE MESSAGE BELOW:
(I leave it in, in case anybody else has a similiar issue)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear YT-Talk members,

I need your help.

I have uploaded a video 5 days ago:
The video has been performing really well.
Yesterday evening I changed the thumbnail (same motive & title, just slight quality improvments).

One - two hours later, the views were dropping rapidly - almost as if I would have set it to "unlisted". However, it is still public.

The views dropped in 5 hours from 2200, to 50 and continue to drop further (eventhough thats hardly possible):

Also the new impressions dropped to 0:

While investigating, I found this:

What is still working:

- I can still find the video in my channel and watch it from there
- I can still open it from the link (e.g. sending it to somebody)
- I can still open it from my playlists

What is not working anymore:
- It can't be found in the youtube search entering the exact title (which is rare) -> worked before
- It can't be found in the youtube search looking for similar search terms (and its not like there were million videos on that topic) -> worked before
- It can't be found in the youtube search, looking for my channel name -> worked before
- It it is not shown anymore in the subscriptions page of subcribers -> worked before
- It it is not shown anymore in the "latest" section of my channel -> worked before
- Most likely its also not shown in the "recommened" videos anymore (hard to simulate that) -> I assume also this worked, because I got a lot of traffic from that source

All other videos in my channel are still working normally.

Should I set it to private and the public again?
I don't want to mess up the enitre algorythm because it was really performing very well before.

Really sad - so much work went into this video.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Last edited by a moderator: