Request for review of my beggining beauty channel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Everyone,
I have started my YouTube channel in February this year and so fa I have uploaded 5 videos, I would like to upload 1 video a week but I have to admit that preparing videos is very time consuming. I hope it will be better.
However coming to the point, I would like to ask you to give me some tips what I do well and what I should improve. Do you think it has a potential. Maybe you have some advices. The number of subscriptions is worried me a lot but on the other hand it is only two months channel. Please share your thoughts with me

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxFP-Ho-xojxq_8MNyfmltA

Best regards,
Makeup by Mejkat

Reactions: piaiscool and Xapok

LostTrigger

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i dont watch beauty videos (and im a guy) so i'll try to give the best advice i can. for one your thumbnails need to be worked on. its hard to tell what the video is about just based on the thumbnail and the text is a bit to small for me.

watching your most recent video. i appreciate the before and after pictures, and showing off what the eye make-up looks like, but after a while i feel like we got the point and the video could start. this goes on for about 50 seconds when really it could probably be 5-10 seconds.

your mic isnt that good. besides getting a better mic i would recommend downloadin audacity which is a free audio editing software. its not hard to use and its very easy to make the audio sound better. i can link a tutorial if your interested. its actually a bit hard to understand you even with headphones on, atleast for me.

like i said not really into make up videos so i wont watch the whole thing but thats what i've noticed so far. the actual make-up atleast what you showed at the beginning of the video looked very nice so atleast i know your good at it!

SlugoGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I wouldn’t too concerned with your sub count. Your videos get thousands of views despite the size of your channel. But I also agree that the thumbnails could use some work.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks a lot for your constructive advices! I appreciate all the more so as you are guys and not in my niche.

for one your thumbnails need to be worked on. its hard to tell what the video is about just based on the thumbnail and the text is a bit to small for me.
I work on it. You are right, al my thumbnails seem to be the same, I have to think how to make them pop up.

watching your most recent video. i appreciate the before and after pictures, and showing off what the eye make-up looks like, but after a while i feel like we got the point and the video could start. this goes on for about 50 seconds when really it could probably be 5-10 seconds.
Yes, exactly. The beginnings of my films have to be shortened. Now I can see they are too long.

your mic isnt that good. besides getting a better mic i would recommend downloadin audacity which is a free audio editing software. its not hard to use and its very easy to make the audio sound better. i can link a tutorial if your interested. its actually a bit hard to understand you even with headphones on, atleast for me.
I don't know what is wrong, all the more so as I have rather acceptable mic (NOVOX NC-1 S), maybe not? and I use Audacity to record and to edit my voice but still the final result is poor. How to improve it. Maybe I don't know how to use all these Audacity functions. The one thing is sure, my voice recorded using this mic is not good and I don't like it, that is why I started to search for some app to make it better and I found just Audacity. I've even started to think about voice recording using just phone or tablet, I don't know. Anyway, I'd be very grateful for this tutorial.

I wouldn’t too concerned with your sub count. Your videos get thousands of views despite the size of your channel. But I also agree that the thumbnails could use some work.
Thank you for your tip. I'll try to do something with it.

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
Another dude commenting who doesn't do makeup...we're not much help, are we?

You're doing great for the size of your channel! Clearly people are drawn to your videos and they're ranking very well, so the main thing is just to keep doing what you're doing with as much consistency as you can manage and I think you'll do great on YouTube. The subscribers will follow, slowly but surely.

To me, it almost sounds like your audio is clipping at times? IE., the level is turned up too much, so the mic is cutting off some frequencies when you speak louder. I would try playing around with your recording settings. Generally having the input level quite low and getting as close to the mic as possible and projecting a bit over a normal conversation level will work best. I usually check my mic level by snapping my fingers right in front of it - I want to see the levels go right to the top, but not peak (go into the red).

I think you have a real unique style in both your visuals and editing, which seems to be rare in the beauty/makeup space. So while I agree your intros are probably a bit long, I wouldn't be afraid to pepper some more beauty shots throughout the videos.

For the thumbnails, I think focusing on the one element/product/feature that's most important might work best. For example, a close up of your eye if discussing eyeliner or mascara, then a full picture of your face (vs having two images of full face, or 3+ images which gets a bit busy). I'm not sure the text is necessary in the thumbnails at all, but if you use it I would stick to one font and design. I like the text treatment on your latest video but the font itself is too thin/small for a thumbnail IMO. Likewise, I find the 'm by m' a bit hard to read in your banner, but otherwise it looks great.

Xapok

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi Everyone,
I have started my YouTube channel in February this year and so fa I have uploaded 5 videos, I would like to upload 1 video a week but I have to admit that preparing videos is very time consuming. I hope it will be better.
However coming to the point, I would like to ask you to give me some tips what I do well and what I should improve. Do you think it has a potential. Maybe you have some advices. The number of subscriptions is worried me a lot but on the other hand it is only two months channel. Please share your thoughts with me

Best regards,
Makeup by Mejkat

Hello Mejkat,

I had a look at your channel and so far I only have but good things to say. Be it lights, sound or editing, your videos go to show that you have taken great care in producing them.

Keep up the good work !

Xavier

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks Guys once again for your advices. Now I'm upploading my next video and preparing it I've been trying to include your tips. I hope my voice will be better and the thumbnail will be more attractive. I've also tried to shorten my intro. As soon as it is published, I'll let you know.

Best regards,

piaiscool

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Everyone,

Best regards,
Makeup by Mejkat
Hey babe i left a comment on one of your videos! hope i was helpful!

Reactions: Makeup by Mejkat
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
OK, so I tried to take into account your remarks and I’m coming back to you with the results. I hope my voice is better now. I would be grateful if you could check my latest one or two videos and tell me what you think about the progress:

Best regards,
Makeup by Mejkat