Recommendations sought for a digital soundboard program

Jack Decker

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Anyone got a recommendation for a digital soundboard that you can easily use on a tablet that an idiot (a.k.a. me) could easily use? ALSO, any recommendation for a sound library that would be good to buy a subscription to or buy the rights to certain sounds?

The dry runs for the game show are going well BUT there is WAY too much dead air while contestants ponder their next question and I want some sound effects for when they win (applause), lose (sad trombone), make a joke (rim shot), etc. I just bought a cheap tablet from Best Buy with a connected-by-cable mini-speaker that I will position on the opposite side of the microphone from me and point at the microphone.

Oh, and I did solve the problem of dead air at the very start of each episode caused by contestants taking a "few" seconds to think of their first question. Now I tell contestants what the mystery category will be (job, hobby, etc.) and then let them ponder it for a bit. When they say they're ready, I then start recording and thus they are now ready to immediately fire off their first question.