Recent upload stuck or percentage goes up and down

Qwikstreet

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been trying to get a video uploaded for the past 2 days. It started Thursday night and took forever to get past 0% uploaded. I've tried numerous things including canceling the upload and trying again, three different browsers, clearing cache, resetting internet, rebooting PC, leaving on all night long.

Anyone else run into this issue and/or have a workaround?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

I've been trying to get a video uploaded for the past 2 days. It started Thursday night and took forever to get past 0% uploaded. I've tried numerous things including canceling the upload and trying again, three different browsers, clearing cache, resetting internet, rebooting PC, leaving on all night long.

Anyone else run into this issue and/or have a workaround?

Could have just been a temporary glitch. Are you still having problems?

It could be your connection. What is your upload speed here: https://www.speedtest.net/

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hmm. That should be plenty.

Try:

1)Cancel the upload
2)Disable plugins, adblockers etc on your browser.
3)Delete cache, cookies etc.
4) Change the filename on your local PC and try to upload it again.

Qwikstreet

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Changed name and even rendered under 29.97fps instead of 30. Still slowly going and hangs around 24%.

I did notice this file is 3x as large as my others although a shorter clip. I did take a 25min gameplay and sped up 5x. However the rendering in kdenlive should of handled most of the size of the clip used to speed up. This video is 890MB where most of my others are 250-300.

Qwikstreet

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
There must be something wrong with the mp4 files Im rendering just for this one video. I quickly uploaded another mp4 of a previous project and it uploaded quickly.

-Or is there a size restriction on videos uploaded for new channels?

Qwikstreet

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Frustrated with this one video. I rerendered it many times and tried numerous things. I even uploaded a seperate video using some of the same effects in the last without issue.

This morning I took the mp4 of the problem file and sent it to my work laptop and it uploaded without an issue...go figure. Glad I have numerous tools to keep trying and plugging away.

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Or is there a size restriction on videos uploaded for new channels?
I doubt that is the problem. It's more likely to be an ISP that is limiting uploads based on size.

I see it worked from your laptop. Maybe there are some different settings on your laptop - Different browser, plugins, firewall or something. Or it could just be a glitch on that file. :)

Qwikstreet

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im going with a glitch in the matrix. The desktop that was giving me issues is my main rig and had no issues until this file. I even tested with a larger file afterwards and it went up without issue.

Reactions: Crown