Recent Thumbnails? Opinions and Suggestions are Greatly appreciated!

Abdullahx9000

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So quite recently I have changed my Thumbnail layout as seen on the "The TABG Experience" video with an overlay that shows up consistently on newer videos. I have a couple of questions regarding the newest thumbnails (the thumbnails with the orange overlay).
  • Are they attractive?
  • Do you want to click them?
  • Is it good that I include the game Logo right above my own logo? (Above the triangle in the lower left corner)
  • Are catchy/clean?
  • What can I improve on them?
[DOUBLEPOST=1530999471,1530981208][/DOUBLEPOST]Here is a thumbnail Example:

Attachments

FrankenPixelGaming

Professional Introvert
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly, I like the general look of the thumbnail/layout. My only partial word of advice would be maybe to use brighter colors/more contrast, just to give it a more immediate grab. But overall it does look well-made and like time was put into it. Well done!

Reactions: Abdullahx9000

Abdullahx9000

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly, I like the general look of the thumbnail/layout. My only partial word of advice would be maybe to use brighter colors/more contrast, just to give it a more immediate grab. But overall it does look well-made and like time was put into it. Well done!
Thank you for the feeback! I am not well sure how to make my thumbnails better with more contrast and colors. I am not really sure how that is done . Can you explain further?

FrankenPixelGaming

Professional Introvert
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you for the feeback! I am not well sure how to make my thumbnails better with more contrast and colors. I am not really sure how that is done . Can you explain further?
In general, if you're looking for something that's going to be eye-catching right away, you're going to want to use brighter colors. Maybe contrast was the improper way to describe it. In general, while well put together, the general color scheme of your thumbnail is very dark, calling it "muddy" has a negative connotation but try not to take offense as I just mean that it feels a little bit more on the dark side. A simple tip that I can point out right away is those orange and green colors you're using. Maybe just try to lighten them up just a bit, so that they pop a bit more when scrolling through the page. If you're looking for examples of using the brighter colors, I'd check out maybe the Game Grumps. Bright colors, and even when it's overall darker, there's still some pop in the text or what have you.

Hope this has helped!

Abdullahx9000

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
In general, if you're looking for something that's going to be eye-catching right away, you're going to want to use brighter colors. Maybe contrast was the improper way to describe it. In general, while well put together, the general color scheme of your thumbnail is very dark, calling it "muddy" has a negative connotation but try not to take offense as I just mean that it feels a little bit more on the dark side. A simple tip that I can point out right away is those orange and green colors you're using. Maybe just try to lighten them up just a bit, so that they pop a bit more when scrolling through the page. If you're looking for examples of using the brighter colors, I'd check out maybe the Game Grumps. Bright colors, and even when it's overall darker, there's still some pop in the text or what have you.

Hope this has helped!
Thank you a LOT for the explanation! I dont take what you said negatively, I am really happy that you did point out something I can improve on and explained it more and also gave good examples on how to do it.
By adding more "light" do you mean for example change the Dark Green Color around the Title to a lighter green?

Thank you once again for the help! I really appreciate it!

Reactions: FrankenPixelGaming

FrankenPixelGaming

Professional Introvert
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you a LOT for the explanation! I dont take what you said negatively, I am really happy that you did point out something I can improve on and explained it more and also gave good examples on how to do it.
By adding more "light" do you mean for example change the Dark Green Color around the Title to a lighter green?

Thank you once again for the help! I really appreciate it!
No problem! And pretty much yeah. You can keep it the same kind of green if that makes any sense. I haven't played with photoshop or whatever app you may be using in a while, but I believe if you just up the color's "Lum" value or maybe the saturation it may give the desired effect. Play around with it though, find a balance between eye-catching and it still being what you like to see.

Abdullahx9000

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No problem! And pretty much yeah. You can keep it the same kind of green if that makes any sense. I haven't played with photoshop or whatever app you may be using in a while, but I believe if you just up the color's "Lum" value or maybe the saturation it may give the desired effect. Play around with it though, find a balance between eye-catching and it still being what you like to see.
I will try that. Thank you once again for the help!