Received a 3rd Copyright Strike on My Channel

ReactioNation

Reaction score
Hi, 2 of my previous videos were copyright striked due to anime footage I used, which a Japanese company Didn't want. So that's fine, one of the strikes were due to expire in 2 days anyway. The real problem is the 3rd strike. A youtuber by the username Suzy lu, copyright striked my video titled "Evil within 2 trailer reaction mashup" , in which i used 8 different reactors reactions to that video game trailer. She doesnt want her reaction used in my mashup? Thats completely fine, i wouldve removed the video.
THE REAL PROBLEM is she was reacting to a video game trailer in which she doesnt own ANY COPYRIGHTS to, the game company is the one who own all copyrights to the game trailer and the game. So did she even have any rights to copyright my video, which includes her reaction to that trailer?
Because technically, the video game company can strike her channel as well. I have contacted her by email and direct message, still waiting on a response.
Is there anything else i can do? Ill still remove the video including her reaction. But i dont see how she would be able to strike my channel when she doesnt own the video game trailer herself.

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
ANYone can strike your channel for any reason. If you believe the strike was invalid, that is up to you to dispute outside of the realms of YouTube. Best of luck on your dispute!

CousinEd

There's always a choice
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
THE REAL PROBLEM is she was reacting to a video game trailer in which she doesnt own ANY COPYRIGHTS to
Submit a counter-notification. Don't remove your striked video.

CousinEd

There's always a choice
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What reason should he put that the DMCA takedown was invalid?
Is watching a whole trailer and not adding any substantial comments and criticisms considered fair use? Does the original "reactor" has all the necessary permissions? Does OP has all the required permissions? I think we should have an answer to these questions first, but I do believe "reaction" channels are kinda overextending their rights nowadays.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Is watching a whole trailer and not adding any substantial comments and criticisms considered fair use? Does the original "reactor" has all the necessary permissions? Does OP has all the required permissions? I think we should have an answer to these questions first, but I do believe "reaction" channels are kinda overextending their rights nowadays.
I agree, but all of that is about whether the reactor can use the trailer under fair use. But whether she can or not, what bit she did add to it is her own, and the OP used that as well. So it seems to be that both the reactor and the owner of the game trailer have the right to take down the OP's video. Just like if the mashup was made from different vlogger's videos, all vloggers could take down the video for the part that had their content in it.

CousinEd

There's always a choice
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree, but all of that is about whether the reactor can use the trailer under fair use. But whether she can or not, what bit she did add to it is her own, and the OP used that as well. So it seems to be that both the reactor and the owner of the game trailer have the right to take down the OP's video. Just like if the mashup was made from different vlogger's videos, all vloggers could take down the video for the part that had their content in it.
To be clear, I'm not on OP's side nor the original "reactor's" side in this matter. And I also agree that both the reactor and the owner of the trailer can request to strike OP's video down, but I do believe, in this particular matter, only the original owner should use the magic strike button.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
H3h3 says it’s ok. I’m sorry you have a 3rd strike with 2 days to go. Ask for a reversal is all I can say