Reaction videos

Kmell2

Reaction score
Hi i'm new to the YouTube community and I don't know a lot of things about the copyright infringement. I plan on doing a channel based of music reaction videos. What should I do in order to not make my content flagged by copyright issues? Also, let's say I'm doing a vlog and I want to use a song that's from beyonce (as an example) what should I do?

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
What should I do in order to not make my content flagged by copyright issues? Also, let's say I'm doing a vlog and I want to use a song that's from beyonce (as an example) what should I do?
Simple- don't use a song from Beyonce. If you do, you're all but guaranteed to be flagged from ContentID, your video monetized on their behalf and possibly banned from playing on certain devices or in certain countries.

The only way to avoid copyright issues are to only use audio or video that you either create yourself or have the proper rights to upload. There is plenty of free or inexpensive music available to use, otherwise you should understand the possible risks involved.

Kmell2

Reaction score
Even if the song is just a couple of seconds in the video? And how about the reaction videos?

clerick

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
No to either one of those. Unless you have permission from the creator reactions are just the same content theft and the video can be taken down by the makers.

Reactions: Kmell2

Kmell2

Reaction score
No to either one of those. Unless you have permission from the creator reactions are just the same content theft and the video can be taken down by the makers.
Thank you

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Simple- don't use a song from Beyonce. If you do, you're all but guaranteed to be flagged from ContentID, your video monetized on their behalf and possibly banned from playing on certain devices or in certain countries.

The only way to avoid copyright issues are to only use audio or video that you either create yourself or have the proper rights to upload. There is plenty of free or inexpensive music available to use, otherwise you should understand the possible risks involved.
please refer to this new topic I posted where an intellectual property attorney confirmed YouTube Pays A license to allow copyrighted content. There is even a link in my post that proves this via a Youtube Official blog post. Go here Copyright Explained on YouTube (YouTube Pays A License)

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
please refer to this new topic I posted where an intellectual property attorney confirmed YouTube Pays A license to allow copyrighted content. There is even a link in my post that proves this via a Youtube Official blog post. Go here
What about your thread changes anything I stated? If anything, if only reinforces everything I said.