Re uploading a video with a few improvements?

Abdullahx9000

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am really curious to know if it is alright to re upload my video with a few changes. Here is the story:

So I put a LOT of effort into making a Big montage with lots of edits. In the beginning of the video I advertised my Twitter account in the first 10-20 seconds. I noticed now by looking at the audience retention (picture down below) that there is a HUGE drop off at the first 10-20 seconds
and then a pretty "steady" drop off. The Average view duration is at 39%.

So my question is, is it worth it to edit my video and "remove" the advertizing part and put it at the very end of the video?

Attachments

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
It didn't seem annoying to me. However that dip would not be there as much if you do decided to remove the twitter part. The down side is that if you put your twitter part at the end far less people will see it. If i was you, since it concerns you, I'd re-edit and re-upload being as you don't have more than 40 ish views so far. The twitter prompt could remain as a card which i noticed you also used.

I've noticed its best to always make your content and script immediately play with relevance to the thumbnail title to avoid bounced views. Too many people have crap*y intros, or (typically americans) want to hear themselves talk and talk and talk and talk before they get to the point.

you can put the blue twitter burdie on here as well like i did. Don't remember how though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abdullahx9000

Abdullahx9000

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It didn't seem annoying to me. However that dip would not be there as much if you do decided to remove the twitter part. The down side is that if you put your twitter part at the end far less people will see it. If i was you, since it concerns you, I'd re-edit and re-upload being as you don't have more than 40 ish views so far. The twitter prompt could remain as a card which i noticed you also used.

I've noticed its best to always make your content and script immediately play with relevance to the thumbnail title to avoid bounced views. Too many people have crap*y intros, or (typically americans) want to hear themselves talk and talk and talk and talk before they get to the point.

you can put the blue twitter burdie on here as well like i did. Don't remember how though.
Sorry for the late reply. But I re uploaded the video without the twitter thing in the beginning Hopefully I will see some improvements! =]

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
So my question is, is it worth it to edit my video and "remove" the advertizing part and put it at the very end of the video?
I think it depends on what you want to achieve in the videos... if you whole goal is to send viewers to your twitter account for whatever reason then its not a bad move even people are dropping out....if you want to grow your channel on youtube you might want to put it at the end of your video

For me when I have to promote something on any of my videos I have seen that the first few minutes of the video is a good place otherwise I do it at the end....You also have to note that when viewers click off from your videos to another platform it affects your channel...Hope that helps

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have done this with 2 or 3 of my videos (re upload with a few changes) I make animation videos and for some of the videos I changed the animations for the better. Fro me it was no problem at all but I´m not sure if I want to to it in the future though. Now I more like "the video is fine as it is" and then focus on making a new VID instead

Reactions: Boris Qs